We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 39398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a similar situation with another bookstore. Likely it's not that they won't help you, but that they can't/ don't know that they can do anything.

On my creditcard it's usually within a week. I'm not sure about PayPal payments for B&N though.

Definitely but it all takes time, it took nearly a week for her to get a reply from the first email,now waiting for them to look into and reply again.

That’s a thought, but I’m not sure that the packages have individual weights printed on them, I’m pretty sure they are like generic pre paid on account labels but I will get her to check. Also I believe the 1 copy she did receive is still unopened so need to check if the signed print is actually in there!

After all the comments here, I went and checked my packages as well.  I do not want to be surprised later when it is too late.  

Seems to be a common problem, taking your money and not sending the whole order!! I mean it’s 

a lot of money to lose-nearly £74 for 2 missing vinyls! Who is having these missing items? that’s the question and how long will it take to “look into this matter” There must be something dodgy going on at the packing department.

Maybe they were thinking - Why make 300000.00 copies  when you can dupe people into buying 3 together after the initial blue copies sold out.....  and only send 1 copy....  charge for 300000.00 items and make 100000.00 Kerching = even more profit... and hope everybody pays via Paypal - wink wink !!!

I’ll spare you the full details, but UMUK only delivered two of the four CDs I ordered, and one of those had a broken case.  After much chasing on my part, they eventually sent me a replacement for the damaged item, plus one of the two missing CDs.  But that still left me without a signed Blood Moon CD, which I was told was no longer available.  I continued to chase UMUK, who ignored my emails until I reported them to my bank and also threatened to call Trading Standards.  My argument was that, as a collector, the full set was worth more to me than its component parts, and that they should compensate me for the additional expense of having to buy the missing CD via eBay.

UMUK have now refunded my entire payment, and have not requested the return of the partial order they supplied.  The money saved I have put into buying a signed Blood Moon CD on the secondary market.  So, in the end, I have all four for slightly less than I would have paid if UMUK had picked my order correctly in the first place.  But, quite frankly, I could have done without the two weeks of hassle.

My advice is to fight for what you ordered.  If you make enough of a nuisance of yourself, they’ll acquiesce just to make you go away.

Very pleased with signature received with my Mahogany LP

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Very nice one!

My final 3 signed vinyls suddenly had a plot twist because it was shipped by Fed Ex but then I called customer service and they said it was going to be delivered by USPS. Very strange series of events but I hope it arrives tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!

I noticed that too. They use FedEx Smartpost which is a hybrid model between FedEx and USPS. It's advertised as slower and cheaper than USPS. They definitely overcharged on shipping.

Finally completed all four signed CDs, 17 days after release date:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service