We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi all. New to this forum. I bought this set of elektra promo pics with signatures. They were mounted in a frame. I do have the full set of elektra press promo photos that were of more recent times. These 4 are definitely vintage compared to the fore mentioned. All that said, I have no idea if they are the real deal. I foolishly smeared the Robby signature in my efforts to confirm that they were indeed live signatures which they are. I know that The Beatles had an office where staff would sign items on behalf of the Fab Four so it might be that what I have were similarly signed on behalf of. I would appreciate your feedback 18CC33CB-E600-4080-90C5-E8DA72536158.jpeg

Views: 3091

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh I would not know Mark but it seemed on the high side to my uneducated mind on these matters.

i have bought a few JDM signatures in my time. My initial hunt turned up three likely fakes, one of which I posted, the Lords lookalike. I did buy one that was of the first album, framed, and plaqued as signed by Jim. The signature is very weak and is hard to distinguish. I am not at my house as I am away from work and the lockdown but as soon as I can, I will share it. It actually looks convincing 

There is A 7” UK single of Hello I love you, signed by all four, that has been offered intermittently on eBay by a seller out of Finland. Looks to be the real deal. Signed on the Center label. Only signed Jim. You seen that?

I have seen the fully-signed 45 and it looks real to me too.

+1 safest route.

Thanks Eric. Unforced error on my part to check the ink was live. 

That is indeed great news for you and Congrats. Don't touch the smudge and leave it alone. I also believe the signed 45 on ebay is 100% without question genuine. (the "I" in Jim gives it away). 

It looks like the Morrison signature is done with a Sharpie??

I believe so

Also the easiest. There are other non invasive ways to check for live ink. With many inks (Sharpie included) there will be a color change or flash in the direct glare of a light - with a low powered glass look to see if the ink disappears into the photo surface/texture in glare, or if not. If not, likely live ink. Others will have additional methods.

I will bear that in mind. Can we please collectively between us, agree to keep it a secret that I sabotaged a good autograph! 

SHHHhhhhhhh... ;)

You are not the first. Don't beat yourself up.You were looking for the right thing after all. From here it looks like part of the background as on the right. Could be worse.

So Eric, Ballroom and Jack shared their prized possessions. I await to hear what nuggets you have in your collection. My dream is to one day own the full set of the 27 club. Unlikely to happen unless a lottery win should intervene 

There are several authentic Morrison signatures signed in black, blue, and red sharpies. Especially his poetry books.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service