We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A hoard of thousands Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams signed photos have flooded the market over the last few years. All authenticated by Global Authentication Inc., with COAs signed by former GAI executive Mike Baker.

The hoard has driven down prices on these legendary Baseball Hall of Famers by 50-percent or more, and it's not rare to find one for well under $50.

The problem?

Every baseball expert we asked is emphatic that they're forgeries. And they've had that same opinion since the hoard came out of Florida in 2008.

If the experts are right—and I don't doubt that they are—not only are thousands of collectors stuck with these worthless photos. Thousands more have unfairly suffered a catastrophic drop in the value of their genuine Mantles, DiMaggios and Williams due to the flood of fakes.

And as we all know, GAI went bankrupt in 2009 after certing thousands of forgeries of Mantle, Williams, DiMaggio, Koufax, etc.

Why Do So Many Think They're Forgeries? Let's find out!

If you're a regular collector like me, it's hard to tell good Mantles from decent forgeries. DiMaggios and Williams are easier, but I'd never buy without an expert opinion. So I thought it would be a great education for those experienced in these autographs—experts and experienced collectors—to show us why they're so widely considered forgeries.

I've included a few of the GAI authenticated photos to start with. Feel free to upload more. Ask  questions, share your knowledge...and help make collecting these Hall of Famers safer for everyone!

Look at all this garbage!!!

Forged and mass-produced Mantle and Williams forgeries.  Worthless COA from GAI and Mike Baker.

Forged and mass-produced forged Mickey Mantle photo.  Pathetic.

This is one of dozens forged Mickey Mantle business cards that were "authenticated" by GAI and Mike Baker.  Pure garbage.

GAI (Mike Baker) "authenticated" hundreds of Mickey Mantle forgeries on the below image.

Laughable Mantle forgery.

Here is a mass-produced set of Mantle and Williams forgeries.

GAI "authenticated" thousands of forgeries before they went bankrupt in 2009.

Tags: authenticate, authentication, baseball., dimaggio, forgeries, gai, genuine, global, hall, joe, More…mantle, mickey, of, ofame, ted, williams

Views: 13881

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does GA give refunds for bad GAI items? I have always wondered how the company being taken over and renamed has affected past certed items. 

No they just make it very clear they are seperate entities and that they are only helping GAI customers by keeping their data base running.

I also had an in person or "witnessed" GAI autograph once and GA told me that there was never any evidence that a GAI staff member attending the signing so GA would not enter that item into the database.

This crap that GAI certed will continue to infect the hobby forever.

Look at this piece-of-crap Mickey Mantle & Joe DiMaggio forgeries listed by Ebay seller Miahurricane2433.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190851747509

Here is a piece of crap listed by eBay seller bbcardconnection that is ending in 1 hour. 19 bids up to $150 right now. I'm sure this will probably sell:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TED-WILLIAMS-JOE-DIMAGGIO-Autographed-Signe...

I was just on eBay, today and I recognized a forgery that resembled something that Steve C.had posted about, way back in March of 2011. The same picture. The same Global authentics certification number. 391799. It's the first picture that Steve C.posted that matches the exact same one posted on eBay, right now for $1,000. Eight years later. Still circling around. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%...

Yep.  That crap will infect the hobby forever.

$1,000.00 for that garbage!!!   What a joke!!!  A bad joke!!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service