We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

For the last 20 years or so I’ve been collecting game used jerseys and memorabilia. I’ve done authentication work for several auction houses and photo matching memorabilia is my specialty. As we speak, a supposed 2006 Masters final round shirt worn by Tiger Woods is on the auction block. It’s signed by Woods, comes with multiple LOA’s and is backed by Upper Deck. It’ll bring probably $20,000 when the smoke clears. There’s only one teeny little problem........

its no good. And I proved it.....yet the auction house refuses to pull it. People....no matter the provenance....no matter the LOA’s....trust no one and do your homework. Someone is about to flush twenty grand down the toilet. See for yourself......

https://www.greyflannelauctions.com/2006_Tiger_Woods_Masters_Tourna...

Views: 1155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doctor Loomis,

Thanks for your post. Please explain on Autograph Live why it's not genuine in your opinion.

What I saw was the location of the swoosh in relation to the vertical striations in the shirt at auction. The placement is different - 2 striations are covered on the left of the swoosh on the auction shirt when they clearly should not be according to the photographic record Dr. Loomis has provided. Solid evidence.

Seconded. Might be a similar shirt, but decidedly not the same.

Special shoutout to the wonderful placement of that worthless hologram.

+! That made me sick! 

Yes, but I'd like Doctor Loomis to explain why rather than just let folks try figure it out from viewing the photos.

Steve, please accept my apology for not verbally outlining why the shirt is bad. I made a video explaining the complete issue and I posted the link just after the original post. Please take a look at it.

Doctor Loomis,

I saw the video but please explain it here as well. That's how we do it here. Thanks

Well done. I have used the same techniques with wood artifacts and other things - often no one cares. I do. Sorry I haven't written you back yet - been busy here. I hope your friend is doing OK. :)

Ok, wait a sec . . . UDA, JSA and PSA ALL blessed off on this.

I understand them halfassing the bulk of what they get based on the hurry up offense money grab mode they're in. But really messing up something this significant? Seriously, just no one here bothered?

That list will shortly include the buyer :( I am not surprised.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service