We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tom Brady is doing private signings through Tri-Star and Steiner. (See below).  I'm interesting in writing a post for Forbes where I cover sports memorabilia. I don't begrudge Brady, I suppose, though I'm a Jets fan.

Three questions, please. 

Has anyone ever seen such a high cost for a star to sign your item? 

Can anyone thinking of other stars at the peak of their fame and prowess signing? 

Finally what do folks think of "private" signings? While half the fun is meeting your hero, if you have a prized possession, it's the only option.

David

P.S. The price of Brady inscriptions is as much as as the vast majority of autographs. 

YOUR ITEM

PRICE

Your flat Item up to and including 11x14

$649

Your flat Item larger than 11x14, mini helmet, or football

$699

Your full size helmet, or NFL licensed jersey (jersey numbers not accepted)

$749

Your artwork, game used, or multi-signed item with 5 or more autographs already on item, or any other item not listed

Contact Us

Inscription - Choose 1 from: 3x SB MVP, SB 49 MVP, SB 38 MVP, SB 36 MVP

$179

Inscription - Choose 1 from: 2x NFL MVP, 4x SB Champ, SB 49 Champs, 07 NFL MVP, 10 NFL MVP

$199

Personalization up to 20 characters

$299

Notes: ONE (1) INSCRIPTION PER ITEM. Tom will not inscribe roman numerals. No trophies or trophy plates.

Views: 2038

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Paying that much for a person who is still alive and well and likely to be singing for decades to come doesn't appeal to me.  Add to the fact that Brady's "autograph," like most modern sports stars is an utter non-effort, his signature has zero appeal to me.

Thanks, Rich. I hadn't thought of the legibility. Mantle, DiMaggio, Williams-- for all their faults-- took pride in their penmanship. 

He has a really decent chance to be the only QB in history to have 5 SB rings. Not sure what his price should be but his should be the highest. I personally like to see the best players of all time increase in value. Probably some great deals on Ryan Fitzpatrick items out there?

I've lost interest in sports autographs almost entirely. It's one thing for athletes to gut their franchise with contracts they frequently don't live up to (not saying that's the case with Brady, just speaking in generalities), but to demand that their fans line their pocket for something that is literally just about the easiest thing any human being can do is kind of despicable. It feels like they're just treating them with utter contempt. $650 for a illegible scribble that leans on a sticker to tell you it's real . . . if fans want to pay that, cool. I understand being a fan and being enthusiastic about something you really, really want. But it's not a good deal, or even a fair one. And it's certainly not a good investment.

Ditto.

Agreed.  Steiner charges these prices for Derek Jeter or Mariano Rivera, but at least you get an autograph.

I could care less what his autograph looks like as long as it's real and not a bad example. I'm not going to collect someone just because they have a beautiful autograph. I think private signings are a great alternative to getting a good deal on a fake one on eBay. Not many people run into him at the grocery store. I love football and grew up watching some of the greats. Marino, Montana, Bradshaw, Manning. When Brady got 3 rings I had to buy his helmet even though I wasn't a Patriots fan. But I'm a football fan and didn't want to pay the price if he got 5 rings. When Cam got to Carolina I got him to sign my helmet for free. I hope nobody can afford his autograph if he has a career like Brady. None of the autographs on my helmets are very legible by the way. All from Steiner. I sure do enjoy watching football with all my bad investments.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Nice man cave area Barry!

just one note-signing is easy but still takes time. In fact some could spend their entire life signing.  Money is the tool slow the flow for a  sane world for some who might be legends like Brady, Bob Dylan, etc.  It will go up much more.  A Dylan signed harmonica is $5000-reql but not in person.

Ringo sells signed in person at greet and meet for thousands but it goes to a charity

Not a good investment for sure. How old is Brady? What 38? He will be signing gobs more over the next 4 decades. A $650 signed 8x10 of Brady might mature in value in about 20 years.
Rich that is terrific.

the only way you will be able to get a decent Brady autograph is thru Tri-Star or one of these private signings.  his in person signatures are a mess, ala Al Pacino style.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service