We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone

This is my first post. I have read many of your past posts and they are quite helpful. I was looking at a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers signed guitar from Touch of Modern. I did some searching and then called Piece of the Past in Vegas to see if they were the vendor who supplied these guitars to Touch Of Modern. They confirmed it. 

Was wondering what people thought about the authenticity. Here's the link. I appreciate any guidance here. 

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/piece-of-the-past-6aad6959-7e9f...

Best,

E

Tags: Petty, Tom

Views: 1039

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

Thank you Joe and to everyone else for the advice on this. It's an extremely helpful forum.

if ur looking for signed guitars I might be able to help if u list who u are looking for

thanks marc. i'm just looking for a Tom Petty signed guitar (either on pick guard or on guitar).

Those are two very different animals priced accordingly. Body sigs are preferred by most.

I would avoid the Petty guitar you first posted. Also you should find a signed pick guard for way less. Start with only looking at items with either PSA, JSA, Beckett, or Epperson LOAs -- and even then post them here for confirmation. 

+1

You've all been incredibly helpful here. Was wondering what you thought of this from musicautographs91 on ebay. He has been extremely open to questions and follow ups. It is PSA certified. Here's the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254176559662?ul_noapp=true

Attachments: No photo uploads here

The picture is of no value to this listing. It may be authentic although way over priced. Maybe half that price would be more in line with it's actual value. IMHO.

don't buy a pick guard for 2200 

Piece of the S*** should be their name....AND personally, I think the PSA guitar is a fake as well as the picture provided. Fake Fake Fake.

I have one and will post photos later today.  It is very unusual signed guitar-Has a school sticker on it and has been broken repaired by headstock.. Would likely have to be fixed by a professional to be able to play but all signatures on body not pickguard.  Oh btw, good music authenticator Roger epperson is married to Petty's ex wife so likely knows his signaturre welll

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service