We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi guys.

I have a favor to ask. I am considering buying this book privately. I was wondering if I can get an opinion on this signed book U2 by U2. Is there any experts who can render an opinion on it. It seems okay to me  from looking at other examples but I realize that this is also a band that we would see forged.

Roger if you see this can you please give me your thoughts. 

Thanks for your help.

David

Views: 6215

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't consider any of them, to be honest.  The 2nd one from the bottom (Bono circa 2001) I've seen on Legends of the Field's website.  I wrote them an email a while back saying it was absolutely, undeniably fake.  No resemblance to Bono's handwriting at all.  At least these other examples show some recognition of his signature style.  The guitars are ridiculous for so many reasons.

FYI:  Markus Brandes, hollywood-autographs.com, AW Signature Pieces (although the auction may be closed) among other good dealers have authentic examples for sale, as does Roger obviously.  While I haven't checked their websites recently, I know Autografica and Rolf Ramsier have carried authentic examples.  JG Autographs tends to get one in now and then.

Careful with U2 by U2 books in general.  Most were personalized as it was supposed to be an exclusive fanclub only signing.  Those that weren't often had a sarsastic inscription like "Beautiful Ebay," or something to that effect.  I've seen otherwise decent dealers sell fake ones too!  After the signing, authentic examples went on ebay for a TON of money.

Thanks. I appreciate the advice on these.  I will check out some of these other sellers as well. 

David

Sorry about the glare . . . here's another authentic example I bought from JG about 8 - 9 years ago, signed during the third leg of Elevation in Baltimore.

I already posted this on another thread, but this gentleman has been compiling authentic in-person examples obtained only by fans over the years.  Great database that gives insight as to how the bands signatures look, year-by-year for the past 3 decades.
Share the link here please?

Whoops my bad . . .

U2 Eastlink

Wow, that is a very cool site!  Thanks

More examples from the 2006 New York book signings:

Josh Madison's U2 Book Signing

ATU2.com Book Signing Blog

You are correct that the U2 by U2 book is not authentic in my opinion.  It really isn't even close. 

That's more like it!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service