We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Various six Elvis Autographs from the same ebay seller. What do you all think? Thank you all.

Views: 2966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Email opinions are easy to fake, as you know.

It has a email quick opinion by Epperson

... and what was Roger Epperson's opinion here?

As Epperson claims to be one of the biggest Elvis experts, knows all those Bakkers, refused nearly all German signed autographs, but this time he says ok - then it seems to be good. This is a fountain pen autograph on a glossy postcard and it might look different as ball pen on the back of such cards.

I dont think this email is a fake. The friend of mine bought the card because of the quick opinion.

Hi Karsten, 

In my opinion these 6 signed pieces are not by the hand of elvis presley. 

They are in my opinion all done by the same hand but not elvis. The inscriptions are wrong. Elvis inscriptions were always shaky and difficult to read. These are clear. 

Just my thoughts as a huge elvis fan!

Regards, 

Mark 

Mark, I am with you. Not signed by Elvis. Greetings.

Thorsten,

I trust Epperson's opinion but online opinions are so easy to alter that I recommend your friend get his own from Roger. It's only $15

Elvis is always very hard to authenticate... for have an Elvis genuine, you need more of an easy Elvis autograph...

So we need a quick opinion on the authenticy of an email or pay another 15 USD for the same opinion.... ;-)

I know what you mean but if we need a COA for an email we can just leave any quick opion service by anybody as it is...

Actually I like to know if this card is ok - just because of this discussion here. I hope it is. Elvis is a tough field and I believe they are a lot of Bakkers out there as Roger says. But I know that a lot of genuine Elvis autographs were refused just because the style Elvis used in Germany due the large amount he signed in front of this house a lot look a bit different from the pre army signatures. As mentioned - a friend of mine had around 50 and they were signed by a boy who had his photo with Elvis and my friend knew those signatures since the 70ies... A pity this was all in the pre-computer days so there are no scans available anymore. A lot of those were sold though auction houses in the 80ies and 90ies.

A high percentage of the online opinions I see on eBay are fake or altered. It's easy to replace the items sent or change some words and then save it as an image. Unless he knows this seller well and trusts him, spend the few bucks to know for sure it's a legit email.

why dont you ask Rich Consola for his opin?  He is the leading Elvis guy and only authenticates Elvis in the same way that Phil Sears only authenticates Disney

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service