How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 140368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Eric, who is the artist?"

Hi Danny,

Me :) 

About 20+ years ago I was hired by a couple to furnish a room full of believable, small Impressionist canvases. The type of thing one could own; small sketches and so on. Both husband and wife have since recently died and I was able to get 2 of the 12 back! I post "Claude Monet's Gardens at Giverny, 1919", as I think it might have been painted. I did this in 2001. It is a sketch; a small record of the lighting conditions...not fully realized and so unsigned. Lead primed linen hand-prepared, all Grumbacher colors (smallish budget) and an appropriate Louis XV frame by the late R.M. Kulicke. I was to create the style, surface textures, and overall appearance as a Monet (or other artists), not a totally accurate copy as far as the materials. For example. I did not overstretch the corners as Monet often did when not using prepared canvas, avoiding the resulting diamond-shaped crack pattern often seen in his work.

I'm quite impressed, Eric! You have skills!!

Very impressive Eric, Kinda of a bummer that you could not get all 12. 

That is really a great painting I agree with Ian the color is wonderful.

Thanks Scott. Some more info in my response to Danny just before yours.

That is amazing Eric I could never finish a paint by numbers without making a mistake.  Great job!

I'm obsessed with the new Cobra Kai series on YouTube. I'm getting everything Karate Kid related I can get my hands on.

Yesterday was a lucky das for me.

When I was on the road, these 2 beauties come in:

But the best thing yesterday, I had the luck to meet in cologne a very kind Roger Waters in good mood. So at the venue, he stopped bis car and gave every person one autograph. Very happy with this one:

Congratulations, Andreas! Especially with the Waters score.

Thank you, Joe :-)

Btw, stunning show!

Yes signed original Yessongs triple vinyl record album. Signed on both of the inside gatefold images by all 6 members; Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Chris Squire, Alan White and Bill Bruford.
James Spence Authentication Ltd/JSA Letter of Authenticity

Outstanding, CR!

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2009-2017   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Community Manager.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service