We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys, I was wondering if you had any thoughts on the best pens to use on metal. Specifically a 75th anniversary metal Captain America shield. I'm going to be meeting a few of the cast members and want to start an avengers project. Any help would be awesome. Thank you!!!

Tags: autograph, pen

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A paint pen would be best on something like that imo.

Many manufacturers make "Industrial" pens for use on metal - Rilbex makes pens for use on metal as well. A paint pen could react with the metal so I'd try to use something meant for this application.

Say, will ink even stick to Vibranium? ;)

Heavy.

No, really my first thought would be a paint pen.  But I would defer to Eric on this.

I am using PILOT metallic pen.  I use them for things like signing photographs or paintings where I need the metallic ink and the smallness of the ultra-fine tip. I knew these were top quality the minute I took them out of the package and they had the ball in the barrel to "stir" the paint. The fine point also retracts to allow the paint to flow for just the right amount of paint for a small job. They are also wonderful on glass and other hard objects. 

I think Sharpie is one of the best markers for metal. I also like how vibrant the colors are. Even when working with a shiny and dark surface, such as metal, the ink colors explode and remain vibrant. Other markers tend to wash out when the surface is already reflecting, but I didn't have that problem with these.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service