We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

What's the Scoop on Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators, a New Authentication Company?

Could it be real... as in they know what they are doing?

http://gfaauthenticated.com/guarantee/   could it be that TPA's have some competition?

If authenticity is determined under such “Guarantee Resubmission” procedures to be found non-authentic, GFA shall pay the purchase price for the autograph in question or at the owner of the signature’s option to replace the signature with a GFA authenticated signature of the original signer of similar item and value.  GFA will also refund the reauthentication fee and postage and insurance costs incurred by the signature owner in sending the signature to GFA. It is understood that GFA will replace the signature or refund the purchase price after reexamination and a verifiable receipt of price paid is supplied to GFA.

Of course, it would be nice to know what the procedures for determining non-authentic are..

Service pricing model seems reasonable;

http://gfaauthenticated.com/services/

Since it's headed up by Steve Rocchi could there be another player in town?;

Since 1991 Stephen Rocchi former PSA President, and founder, a former President, CEO and Founder of Global Authentication and was responsible for hiring JSA authenticator Jimmy Spence also a former PSA authenticator. Stephen Rocchi has been instrumental in bringing the three largest authentication companies into the sports world.”

Since it stands for Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA). and so long as we keep certain FDE's out of it - wouldn't it be nice.

Tags: GFA, GFA-Authentication

Views: 27075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So should I rip those COAs off and try it, with just one so there is no bias?  I was going to do one first and if that turned out ok, then turn in the rest, but if not, then I was going to just trash the whole thing and file a case with the Better Business Bureau.

PSA and JSA won't reject them because of another COA.  They will reject them because they are obvious forgeries and more.

Consumer Watch: AAFES cuts ties with auction site June. 27, 2013 - 05:55PM   |  

• Filed Under

The Army and Air Force Exchange Service has severed relations with its auction site, At Auction, which had been linked to the official Exchange Online Mall on shopmyexchange.com.

Previous customers are still getting emails from the auction company, labeled — as before — “Exchange Auctions,” and they may not know AAFES no longer uses the company. Those addresses were collected through the third-party company, At Auction, not through AAFES.

AAFES took action because of the company’s “failure to comply with commission payment requirements and shipping charges that were not fair, reasonable and in line with industry standards,” said AAFES spokesman Judd Anstey.

But the website for the auction still exists, using www.military.exchangeauctions.com as its URL and “exchange” in its logo.

“We own that site,” said At Auction’s president, John House. “We created it as Exchange Auction, and have the right to continue.”

House said AAFES terminated the contract Feb. 27 without cause, and did not offer an explanation until later.

He acknowledged that At Auction was behind on a commission payment, which he said was sent. The company also provided an analysis of shipping rates for other online auction companies that showed “we’re right in line with their rates,” House said.

AAFES received 132 complaints about At Auction from 2008 through March 1 of this year, out of roughly 600,000 items shipped over that time.

House said business on the site has steadily declined since it was removed from the mall, but “we have a lot of customers who continue to shop there. We have a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Customers can give us a call and we’ll take care of it.”

As of June 10, the site still listed the Army and Air Force Exchange Service as a client.

Anstey said AAFES has formally and informally notified At Auction multiple times of the unauthorized use of exchange trademarks.

John Martin, a retired Navy master chief, said he found the site through an Internet search. Thinking it was connected to the military exchanges, he bid on a vacation package, and was surprised by more than $200 in extra fees.

“I could’ve gotten the same room at Travelocity cheaper,” he said.

House said the vacation packages up for bid clearly state the fees and conditions.

Over the past 4½ years, he said, “We’ve found that we have a lot of very, very happy customers, and a few people who are not.” He provided data showing that the site has repeat customers. Of the 3,631 people who successfully bid on items in 2012, 23 percent had registered in 2011; 12 percent in 2010 and 13 percent in 2009.

Micheal Shore, who was medically retired from the Air Force in 1991, said he has been an At Auction customer for years and has spent thousands of dollars on bids.

“I have nothing but positive things to say about At Auction,” Shore said. “If they don’t reinstate At Auction, I will personally go visit the director of AAFES.”

132 complaints? Yeah right. AAFES didn't even track my first 20 complaints. The 21st or 22nd complaint I filed with AAFES when I asked what happened to all my other complaints they had no record of any other complaints I had submitted either by mail or by phone.

This number is a lie.

So one more question about authenticators on eBay and if they are legit or not.  I've heard of James Spence and PSA/DNA, but how about this other one that they have Global Authentics LLC?  Are they legit?

Find an autograph item where there are hundreds or thousands. Find identical pieces authenticated by PSA/JSA and GA. When you do the averaging and the math you'll see GA items that actually sell, go for about 60% of the PSA item and about 65% of a JSA authenticated item. Hmmm looks like many don't think so.

I've been working on the calculations for awhile now over many different items. I will post the comparisons when I finish.

Want to see something disgusting and sickening.  Check out the below link:

http://www.heritagememorabilia.com/memorabilia-category.php?cID=15&...

That's probably the moron in the AAFES article who claims to have spent thousands and says he will go see the AAFES director if they are not reinstated a with AAFES.

What a joke.

LMAO. All horrific forgeries, and what's even funnier is their prices! Holy crap.

Rubin I'd hate to see you even waste another dollar by sending these to PSA/DNA or JSA only for them to be failed immediately. These are well documented forgeries accompanied by COA's that are on eBay's banned COA list. Pretty obvious. 

Rubin, Ryan is right.  That's why we will continue to expose this garbage that is "forensically examined (cough, cough)" by Rocchi.  Don't waste your money.

Here's another of a set of Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and Duke Snider forgeries with a COA from GFA (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators......Steve Rocchi).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Willie-Mays-Duke-Snider-Autog...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service