We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This is just a general question really, who do you think right now will make a good investment for 50 years?

Now let me rephrase, I don't mean The Beatles or Elvis. I mean more modern artists. Will Radiohead be a band that will be worth what The Stones are worth right NOW in 50 years? Who would be a good modern band to invest in now?

Who will stand the test of time?

Views: 3027

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

time is a cruel thing.  There ae so many great musicians that only the giants stand ot-betles, Dylan, stones, But there are so many hundreds in the second tier that they don't stand out as they should.  Leon Russell, Cohen,  Marice White (ear5h wind fire) just died-all were incrededible, but so any others are equal that they will not be strong autographs in future.  And being d3ad for some biggies helps, but for B tier musicians it hurts cause they are no longer touring, in the news, etc

Are we under the belief then some modernish bands like a full band signed Metallica piece (which I have seen sell in the 500-700 or more range) will drop in price over the years or in say another 20 years they will be worth what a band signed Stones piece is worth today?

Once again, this is only a discussion and am curious who people think can be/ will be on the same level of desirability. I am sure a Metallica piece with Cliff will be more desirable then one signed today or even with Newsted.
It's a possibility they have a huge following.
How about Michael buble?
Also those La rappers?
It's funny what people collect, ive been chatting with an European who i want to buy something from him and his country and meanwhile he is asking me to buy vinyl that was press in my country and i see these vinyls a number of times every year for sale.
A Metallica signed guitar can fetch thousands. I can't see that going down anytime soon, especially since they've stopped allowing people to bring their own items to meet and greets.
The only bands I would collect as an investment are the icons. Oasis, Phish, some of these other bands being named aren't going to worth much. That isn't to say they'll be worthless but a band like Metallica is going to outpace them, simply for being pioneers.
Tom Cruise is one of the biggest movie stars of all time and his stuff sells for $200.

For a reason.

Why do you think that is?

"Celebrity least wanted at anyone's dinner table"? Gotta be hard to get that title.

His couch experiences? Holmes replacement attempt? SeaOrg? I dunno.  How have his recent movies done financially?

I totally enjoy this hobby but, in my opinion, autograph collecting is not a good investment. The trend I am seeing is that the prices of modern celebrity are high but the sales are slow unless a steep discount is applied. Accept for a handful of signers, vintage stuff is dead. That is not good news for newer items. I guess some unpredictable tragedy could boost certain autograph values, there is just too much out there and the competition to sell is fierce.

It's not just autographs but the economy in general. Fewer collectors with deep enough pockets to buy. Fewer new collectors joining the ranks due to prices and forgery problems. 

Not trying to be gloom and doom. Just collect what you like and maybe, just maybe, you will end up with a few "winners".

Agree, not investment for me. A collection on personal criterion. Expendable income (or should be).

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service