We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

You may have noticed that the book "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle will soon be a blockbuster movie from Disney. I loved that book when I was in elementary school, and I remember the author visiting my 2nd grade class to discuss it. 

Because of that, I decided to see if any decent and reasonably priced L'Engle autographs might be available at this time. The first image copied below is on eBay for only $50 (click here), so I decided to check it out. I was concerned about how uneven writing is, but you never know...

Doing an Internet search for L'Engle autographs, I found the second image copied below at this web site (click here) that contains autographs of science fiction authors that the owner of the site has collected. Look familiar? I noted that the site hasn't been updated since 2009.

The "L'Engle" eBay seller, ouhlaquelbazar (99.6% positive feedback since 2005), has numerous other questionable autographs that seem to be signed in the same shaky hand with the same type of black pen, including another "L'Engle signed" book (see third image copied below - look familiar?). Note in particular the atrocious Rod Stewarts (see fourth image copied below - every picture tells a story, indeed), Glen Frey, Bob Dylan (poster for $160!), and so on.

With so many people coming to "Autograph Live" looking for help and advice so they don't get scammed, I would recommend following the simple type of processes that I have described here to do a bit of your own sleuthing - before spending money on junk.

Views: 573

Replies to This Discussion

The Meillsa Mcarthy movie is suppose to be great, but have not seen it or heard of book until now.  Is it fiction or based on real person?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service