Interested parties please PM. Unique early contact prints (1950's-1960's) and other materials available, some from Gleason's own collections/estate; also very affordable 1970's-1980's items.

Thank you,

Eric

Views: 496

Replies to This Discussion

how much are you asking and what other gleason items do you have?  thanks

Hello Rick,

Here is some information and a sample scan of 1 of the 8 Honeymooners sketch development photographs I am offering along with the Gleason color SP. The 1966 photographs, one shown above, I will offer separately. The photographs are from 1962 and the color SP is from the same period - right around The Hustler and Gigot. Contact me for more information.

Eric

Original Honeymooners sketch development photographs showing
Jackie Gleason, Art Carney, Sue Ann Langdon and Patricia Wilson.
Original medium format glossy sepia contact photographs with 8 sequential images measuring 8” x 10” overall, labeled and dated 9.17.62.

September 17th rehearsals for the premier broadcast on September 29th, 1962, of the American Scene Magazine television show, which marked the return of the Honeymooners. Ralph and Ed’s hats are shown on the table, alongside the typewriter. Gleason and his cast are depictured clowning and working on the script. Several images show wonderfully candid moments – such as the typical Gleason reaction shown in the enlargement below. In this Honeymooners sketch, Gleason was joined by Sue Anne Langdon (Alice), Art Carney and Patricia Wilson (Trixie). For their summer vacation Ralph and Ed decide to turn their apartment building's basement into an air raid shelter, leaving Alice and Trixie to suffer on the beach at Atlantic City.

Condition is Fine with no pinholes and the original label; some minor edge creasing but nothing touching the images. Selected by me for quality from a lot of contact sheets purchased at the final estate sale of Jackie Gleason’s last home.

Click for full image:

And information for the color SP above which is apparently unique:

A superb high quality color photographic glossy print measuring 16" x 20" overall (image app 14" x 11") properly mounted to the photographers pebble mat board of the day (no rippling) with the photographers personal label (Doug Kennedy) affixed and a huge very bold felt tip Gleason signature dedicated and inscribed to the photographer. Extremely rare - never seen anything like it. Nothing in color ever. Superb pose - pure Great One golf antics. Pure Miami. Condition very, very high. Of course, guaranteed to pass anything - but then PSA and JSA and BAS get these wrong still...I won't mention any auction houses but...they are not all genuine... This is Genuine. I stand behind it. I started collecting this material in the early 1990's - I have not seen much better at all, and never anything even close to the color SP above. Never any color SP from any period. 

Any questions, please ask, and I will do my best to answer them.

Eric

Rick had asked some questions - this rarest of Gleason collections is available to all. 

Bump, or as Norton would say, "Boomph!" ;)

A rare if not unique opportunity to acquire a large format color signed photograph of The Great One himself along with Honeymooners rehearsal photographs - both from Gleason's esate sale. Interested parties PM or email magikbilly@yahoo.com.

If no one is interested this set will likely go to auction somewhere. Offers entertained.

Anyone? Open to offers! This needs a good home!

Eric, this is a phenomenal piece on several levels. Authentic Gleason signatures are scarce. Combine this with the fact of this being an oversized photo, in color, and linked directly to the photographer makes this a marquee item for an collection. I hope anyone looking to add a Gleason gives this a long, hard look. Rarities like this do not come on the market often!

Thank you Joe :D I agree. See your message box on the lower left.

Just speaking the truth. And, I responded to your message. :0)

RSS

© 2019   Created by test.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service