SELL: 1946 Brooklyn Dodgers Phantom World Series Program + 1946 Dodgers Phantom Press Pin

I am offering for sale my 1946 Brooklyn Dodgers vs Boston Red Sox "Phantom" World Series Program and matching 1946 Dodgers "Phantom" World Series Press Pin. I have held onto these two items for several years now, and want to liquidate some of my baseball memorabilia collection in order to pay some medical bills.

The program is in fair condition with all pages accounted for, although the pages have become loose and have been taped at binding so that they dont fall out. Great color and vintage advertising, scorecard, and player bios are all there.The press pin has some noticeable deterioration and rust, but still a great compliment to the program as a set. I saw a great article about the program written during last years World Series and will provide a link when I locate that article if I can.

It has been difficult to find a price point due to the scarcity of these items, but I have seen previous auction houses selling the program anywhere from $750-$1500 and the press pin at about $500-$750 in similar conditions. I am willing to negotiate for them but I would like to see $1000 for the pair of phantom Dodgers memorabilia. As you may know, the Dodgers lost to the St. Louis Cards in a tiebreaker series to determine who would play the Boston Red Sox for the 1946 championship series. These programs and pins were at the ready if the Dodgers came away with the victory, but 99% of the material was tossed in the garbage once the Dodgers season was ended before they could make it to the World Series. 

Please let me know if youd like any additional scans, info, or would be interested in purchasing the program and pin as a pair. Thanks!

ROB

Screenshot%20%2863%29.png

Screenshot%20%2864%29.png

Screenshot%20%2865%29.png

Screenshot%20%2866%29.png

Screenshot%20%2867%29.png

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robert,

Please post so the images are visible. Here's a video on how to post a discussion, which shows how to post visible images. Thanks

https://live.autographmagazine.com/video/autograph-live-it-s-easy-t...

RSS

Events

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Steve Cyrkin Community Mgr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service