My Live Aid display, autographs by Freddie Mercury, Paul McCartney & Bono

Just wanted to show you my Live Aid display that I just made.

I loved the Live Aid concert and the impact it had on music as a political ”weapon” and I have always loved the photo of Macca, Freddie and Bono from that concert. These are three of my biggest heroes in music and Live Aid was the big breakthrough for U2 and a resurgence for Queen.

I wanted all graphs to be about the same size and signed in the same way, bold and in blue sharpie, to match each other. Yes, I know that Freddie is on a blue paper, but try to find Macca & Bono on that too... :-)

I hope you will like it! And you’re always welcome to drop a comment below and let me know what you think!

Info about the autographs:
- Bono: Obtained by Andy Hemington of ”Autograph & Memorabilia” (UACC dealer #213, AFTAL dealer #8 and RACC dealer #186) at Merrion Hotel, Dublin Ireland in 2007.

- Paul McCartney: Obtained by Mark Kirkup of ”In-Person-Autographs” (AFTAL dealer #12 and RACC dealer #144) outside Paul’s office in Soho, London in 2009 or 2010.

- Freddie Mercury: Bought from member Innuendo (the best on Queen) and it was obtained by a friend of him in Los Angeles in 1983.

Views: 325

Comment by Joe W. on June 12, 2019 at 9:15am

Awesome, Cogo! Well thought out.

Comment by Eric Keith Longo on June 12, 2019 at 9:19am

Magnificent. The blue paper doesn't bother in the least. I turned to Freddie's card white in Photoshop and the whole display actually looks sterile when they match IMO. Something seems lost. This is just lovely and with perfect photo - congratulations!

Comment by Cogo on June 12, 2019 at 9:32am

Thank you Joe and Eric, really appreciate your kind words!

Comment by Eric Keith Longo on June 12, 2019 at 9:32am

"...Freddie's card TO white in Photo... Anyway - beautiful! How long to assemble? I also admire your efforts to collect  certain criterion for final presentation synthesis. It worked!

Comment by Cogo on June 12, 2019 at 9:41am

I have had the Freddie since june last year. And when I decided to buy a Macca 2 weeks ago I remembered this Live Aid photo that I love and bought a Bono too.

Got Macca this monday, Bono yesterday and the matt/passepartout today, so it went pretty fast... :-)

Comment by Richard Booth on June 12, 2019 at 10:15am

Looks great!

Comment by Patrick1977 on June 12, 2019 at 10:28am

Awesome

Comment by Tony Schmidt on June 12, 2019 at 10:40am

Three icons performing at one of the most impactful musical events in history. Amazing thought and beautiful results! Congratulations! I love it!

Comment by Cogo on June 12, 2019 at 10:46am

Thank you my friends! Glad to hear that you liked it!

Comment by Paul on June 12, 2019 at 11:04am

The masterpiece! You should sell it like that one day perhaps.

You need to be a member of Autograph Live to add comments!

Join Autograph Live