Aloha ... how are ya ??? Looks like you've got quite a collection of autographed sports memorabilia ... I used to collect sports autog ... but have not done so in a very , very long time .... Tracey Jeremiah left you some really good info on how to get and where to get autographs. In previous years when the Pro Bowl was played after the Super bowl .. Many of the players would come to Hawaii to play .. but now that the format has changed , the Super bowl is after the Pro Bowl, many of these players opt out of playing here. Good luck !!! C
This is Tracey thanks for the message, I actually forgot about this site, it's been awhile for me. My situation is a little different because I work in the Television/Film industry here in Hawaii and I work with many of the actors/athletes that come through these islands. I started collecting many year ago to kinda have a cool collection of people I've worked with over the year. Now a days, unless it's someone I really REALLY want an autograph from I don't bother them on set. (plus it's an unspoken rule not to,...but it happens.)
So as fate may have it, I do work the pro bowl every year for the last 13 years (I might have pics on my FB page) Here the best way to be successful and obtain the most autographs.
1. Most players will arrive on Sun. 22 & Mon. 23. Normally they fly in (various times during the day) commercial and have their families with them. If you troll the airport you "will" hook up with players fans clubs, autograph seekers, etc. who will know the schedules of all the players flights and most likely their whole weeks activities.
2. Player who just lost in the playoffs get in Tues 17 & Weds at the lastest.
3. NFC and AFC teams practice in separate locations every morning: Ihilani Hotel and Aloha Stadium. Practices are open to the public. These are the best locations to scout. I've seen people go everyday and get tons of autograph and pictures. Plus the players are super friendly and are just happy to be in Hawaii.
4. During the week the players are also doing personal appearances all over the place, check the newspaper. I know we have a major pro bowl party in Waikiki on Fri. 27th. you might want to check that out. But people have told me "thumbs down" on the Waikiki block party, or any other party. Player turn down autograph request, which I understand.
5. Check the beaches in front of the Hilton Hawaiian village tons of players on the beach. Also the Ihilani.
6. The skilled players QB/receiver/RB do children hospital visits during the week. I wouldn't recommend showing up at those thing, you won't get a warm welcome, I've seen that happen in the pass...ugly.
7. Aloha stadium can bring you great results. As long as you position yourself at the bottom of the orange section (NO endzone orange!) closes the field around the 30-40 yard line, whatever player come by you'd most likely be in the "line of signing." and the tunnel going out is a great place to get signatures. Most players park their cars right outside the tunnel. If you are going to the game try walking around the stadium during the game you'd be surprise to see tons of football players retired and current watching the game, even TV/Films star wandering the stands..they would be happy to sign.
8. Just keep looking in the newspaper and on the TV new they will have up to date information on events and such.
Have anymore questions just send me a text. Happy autograph hunting my friend.