We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ok. I know there are a lot of experts on this site. The question is do you think is authentic? What do you think the real market value is?

Last time I did a post I'm proud to say 100% of the responses were correct.

Good luck and I look forward to what the smart people think.

Here is the link

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=151168990620

If link doesn't work go to ebay and type in 151168990620
Auction did close. Hint: look at ALL the pictures.

Views: 1363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any responses?
Thanks for your response. What do you think its worth? It does have another autograph on it.
Autographed Babe Ruth Official American League Baseball from 1929. Ball history will be presented only to buyer. This is a family passed item. Additional signature on ball from the President, Eastern League of Professional Baseball Clubs, John H. Farrell (1923-1929). PSA/DNA Authentication information

PSA/DNA Letter of Grading Authenticity:
Grade Certification - 82003466
Autograph Certification - H41986
Overall Grade - 5
Autograph(s) Grade - 6
Baseball Grade - 4
Ok. Please share with me what you think of this one, authentic? Value?

Babe Ruth And Lou Gherig Dual Autographed Baseball !

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141139871343?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Ok. Please share with me what you think of this one, authentic? Value?

Babe Ruth And Lou Gherig Dual Autographed Baseball !

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141139871343?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

I do not proclaim to be an expert on Ruth signatures, partly because I question which of the styles that have been authenticated over the years, are actually authentic.  Hauls of Shame has written several articles about this.   However, I will say that one thing that bothers me a lot about this example, is the relative size of the capital B vs the R in Ruth.  It is highly unusual to see the B half the size of the R, as it is in this example.

So you think PSA is wrong? What do you think its worth? Keep in mind it has 2 signatures. Description says "family passed item"
I greatly appreciate your insight. It makes me wonder if there really are any authentic Babes.

Are you stating you believe 95% of JSA and PSA/DNA authenticated Ruth autographs are not authentic?

Understood.

There are plenty of authentic Ruth autographs. He probably signed well over 100,000 autographs during his lifetime.

Just a shame that there is no 100% way to know for sure. I'd be very upset paying anything and finding out it was fake. If you can't trust PSA. JSA, who can you?

They do this for a living and have years of experience and a library of authentic exemplars. The top authenticators, Jimmy Spence for JSA, and Steve Grad for PSA/DNA sign off on any high dollar autograph before it gets certified.

Obviously, there aren't a lot of people still living who got Ruth's autograph in person because he has been dead for 65 years so anyone who got him in person and could remember it would be in their 70's.

I have no problem with this Ruth signature and believe it is fully authentic. Certainly there were plenty of secretarial Ruth autographs during his day but none are even close to his autograph and are easily detectable as not authentic.

If I were you and I didn't trust the two 3rd party authenticators who are accepted by every major auction house in the US, I would not be in the market for a Ruth autograph. Having both of them sign off on one is better than just one but the liklihood of one authenticating and the other rejecting the same item is not very high.

Do they make mistakes? Yes. This is not a science.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service