We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This UK seller deserves our full ridicule.  How much money has this guy duped people out of while Ebay has stood there and shrugged?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kinkyafro2009/m.html?item=380564236635&...

Actually looking at authentic examples can sometimes help in your forging efforts.

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yikes.

This is sooo embarassing !

If you look at the seller , he is based in The Midlands of the UK and unfortunately a lot of fakes are generating from this area, a couple of well know collectors are supplying shops and dealers with this stuff, and they are now supplying dealers in Australia

Keep away from everything here

Its so bad

Ebay need to sort this out !

Awesome catch Rich,

We have got to get this guy shut down. Hopefully the community will jump in here and help to get rid of this seller. I looked over his items and all of them are ghastly fakes for the most part. They all were forgeries. And yet a good number of bidders on some of them. Truly Sad!!!

Here are some more of his items:

This first AC/DC item is a good example of the lengths a forger will go to. Ive seen before where buyers were lured into a false sense of security b/c they see an Angus drawing like this or a Slash crossbones drawing and think that no forger would put that much work in. Well thats what they want you to think. And they are quite good in some cases. So you can never put faith in doodles. Forgers will most certainly do them, sometimes better than the actual celebrity.

A really bad Floyd fake. Just look at that Gilmour and Waters, ,lol!!

This GNR item is different. The fakes on some of them arent bad. Possibly even real on a few, but the Axl and others fall apart. And the Slash sketch is off. The actual Slash isnt half bad but the baseline is off and several other small things. It could possibly be real but i think its no good. The Sorum is also a good attempt, and again possibly real but i doubt it. The M is off and others small things. The Duff, Izzy, and Axl all fall apart. Again, an attempt to gain confidence with a drawing.

Here are a few ghastly Led Zepp autos. And quite a few bids on them:

Truly horrible signatures. Bidders on this should be ashamed.

Here are the items currently up that have bids, they are ending in around 45 minutes. Hopefully the buyers will see these items here and realize they need a refund asap. Or if we can get ebay to shut him down they can be refunded. Look at these horrible fakes with bidders:

You honestly cant blame the bidders

They are obviously niave !

People go on trust if they know nothing and any buyers of this crap are obviously foolish

How do you let ebay know ?

ebay dont care they want this commision !

The "Edge" autograph on the first U2 one I posted is killing me.  Years ago, I recall a forger (or forgers) on Ebay selling some band signed things that had that "E" with a circle around it.  I'm guessing this guy based it off that.  What that ridiculous autograph was based on to begin with is beyond me. 

Post an eBay link to the listing along with the image if you want eBay EMRs to request removal of items they agree aren't genuine or are otherwise misrepresented.

Here's the link to the terrible U2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U2-FULLY-HAND-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHED-FRAMING-PA...

But the bottom line is that it's all crap. The whole lot. And he's listing more as we speak.

Rich, i have news for you, pls email me

Gary

steve

if u ask ebay to take off the fake items you will shut this guy down ! lol

all of it is crap and im so embarrased it from the UK

i know the supplier and he has been mentioned on AML previously, we are aware but he aint AFTAL ot UACC but all of those societies know him

Gary

EMR's are firing blanks, Steve.  That is, if they're even firing at all.  This seller continues to rake in cash through fraud while Ebay, 18 years after it's inception, continues to refuse responsibility for policing it's site.

You are spot on Gary. Out here in New Zealand I've now come across at least 2 sellers on www.trademe.co.nz and Ebay Australia who have been selling many similar items to these and getting away with it for over 12 months.

To date they have fleeced buyers for well over $100k and despite many requests from me and others for the sellers to be removed and that items are fake the sites refused for months to shut them down.

I have filed claims with both Australian federal and Queensland state Police and New Zealand Police regarding these forgers and both are currently under investigation. The Police have been in contact with both sites and since then the sellers accounts have been suspended although both have tried on several occasions to open new accounts and keep selling.

The last time I had to go down the route it took almost 4 months but the Police took down the forger and one was jailed so hopefully we can have a similar result.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service