We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here is a John and Yoko autograph sold by Fleetwood Owen in 2000. The seller is showing the sale invoice as part of the provenance. To me it looks like someone tried to copy an original John and Yoko autograph. It doesn't look real to me. I tried to locate the actual auction image but could not find it. Any other thoughts?

Views: 746

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup...They sold Lennon's lyrics to"All You Need Is Love"...Lennon's clothing...the organ Lennon played at Shea in 1965...all kinds of stuff.....

Look at the way the signatures end....they end the same...in a sort of a "splotch"...like a sudden stop....like a period...Lennon sigs...for the most part...trailed off...they didn't just stop. Same with the Yoko....the letter "n' in Lennon and Ono both look the same to me as well...Make sense?

Absolutely spot on. That N is identical and the "period" stop ending is a big concern as John almost always trailed off. Yoko 's is also wrong in so many ways. I emailed Ted Owen and asked him if this is the autograph he sold. Will post his reply if I get one.

The ink is too fresh for my liking. Could have been written yesterday. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service