We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yeah! I found these when digging out the other bits, what do you think?
Attachments: No photo uploads here

The first John Davis is printed with the form, the second looks like his actual signature and the Sharman seems to be signed as well.

I am guessing that these will stay with you forever, but if you choose to sell them, please keep me in mind.

Both are production crew that I would love to add to my collection.

If it wasn't for your help i wouldn't have known anything about this stuff! I am eternally grateful! What are they even worth?

Sharman like I said about your Christmas card is probably a $50-$100 autograph, mostly because he is no longer active in the business. John Davis I haven't honestly ever seen an autograph of his put up for sale, he is however an exec producer on The Blacklist a James Spader show that does some filming n NYC. The fact that he is still active and findable, I don't know that he would be very valuable. His work on Indy Temple of Doom would be my only real interest.    

Best bet is to watermark anything of a truly rare nature, that'll keep em busy for days with the photoshop program, hahahahaha. 

Pete, do you happen to know what dimensions were used for the stamped Harrison Ford photographs?  Also, do you happen to know if any other Harrison Ford images were ever stamped and distributed?  This is incredibly valuable information.

Numerous different sizes were done ranging from 4x6, 5x7, 5x8 and 8x10.

The most common stamp from Ford was the ESB shot which is roughly 5x7, the other images were actual preprints with the signature printed in the photo.

This includes the Bladerunner 8x10 the Temple of Doom small shots most of the studio shots and the Crystal Skull shot seems to be out there in small size and 8x10. 

The images provided are the well documented pieces, others can certainly exist, but until you have a few to verify against, it is all just speculation.

Thanks Pete.

I know, I was going to do that then I watched one of my graphic designers remove a watermark in about 30 seconds.  I decided it wasn't worth my time haha.  I still report them though, sometimes ebay takes them down.

Just take an overhead projector blank sheet and doodle a logo on it,  heck even you ebay name a few times, slap it over the image you scan or photograph.....it may indeed discourage them.

I have just decided to start a quest what do you guys think? I am thinking of collecting all things related to my family name relating to film. So anything and everything with 'lowen' mentioned in it or on it. What do think?

I think It is a very cool idea, just don't let the difficulty level discourage you.

Finding those types of pieces outside of your own family archives can be pretty tough.

If you are still nearby enough to the studios where they worked, I would suggest you try to contact the management offices for the studios still operating, and see if you can track the owner info for those studios now defunct.

and Good luck!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service