We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Your really fun and thoughtful comments on the forum inspired me to write another post.
This is a terrific website. Thank you.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidseideman/2014/09/26/cashing-in-on-...

David

Views: 369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well written articles. Thank you for sharing them love reading forbes as it is one of the only websites at work that is not blocked!!By the way for a little reference of supply and demand. Shortly before Jeter announced his retirement I picked up a Side panel ball for around 95 bucks shipped and a few months before that a Steiner Game use ball for around 200 bucks and that was with a nice case and nameplate with MLB cert and Steiner cert. If you look at the prices now on similar items they are 3x-4x the price. They will come down.

Thanks, Tony, for your praise. Sounds like you got great deals. What are your two balls selling for now?

David 

The thing with Steiner is that they are always so expensive. I can't blame them if people are willing to spend that. He has created an Empire

The other thing about Steiner is that you can sleep well at night knowing that the item is authentic.  I have purchased from Steiner in the past.  I could have a lot more autographs in my collection if I purchased from someone or somewhere else, but I would always have a little doubt about authenticity.

unless you come across a gem like this in REA's current auction.  LOL

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=32969

To REA's credit, they don't present the ball as actually signed by Jeter. 

I agree David, glad that they and JSA did not "authenticate" the ball...I think REA is one of the more reputable auction houses, i have both consigned and won items through them.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service