We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Can someone please give me there opinions on these ebay accounts. Hopefully I will get a response.

Upon doing ebay searches for autographs to add to my collection I am very upset when I search and find item after item that are gai and what do you know a lot of these sellers have a ton of quantity. Can someone check these account out and let me know what they think.

bahusker5

moulinrougeone

Views: 4776

Replies to This Discussion

Chris I am an advid collector myself that will sell items if i can get multiple and to see what some of these guys have up is astonishing I flew in from cali this year to lakeland to get a few people on the tigers al kaline Fielder verlander cabrera and was there for 22 days and managed to get 1 a piece besides prince i got 9 so to see these guys with these items up is astonishing to me i looked at the accounts that Roy has listed up above and some of these guys are known in the collection industry as dnbs (do not buy) do to the authenticity of their items. Like i said i am from the Cali area and there is a few accounts on here that are from around my way and people know better then to buy items from a specfic set of people that are out this way, from what i understand; these mentioned people and that idiot steve sype (How this guy authenticates items blows me away) are friends so this is why all these items that are multi signed and not possible to get seem to get authenticated. Global Authentics is a good company in my opinion, if they could use common sense. Common sense says dont let steve authenticate items as a business owner. whats more important to him the integrity of his business or the width of his pockets. Thats the only possible thing i can think of as to why he authenticates (well puts stickers on items) 95% of the stuff he does. This is from an outside collectors retirie perspective i couldnt imagine making a living doing this and how unfair it would be to the people who actually get real autographs and sell them to compete with these guys.

Wow . That horrible to hear you got only that many . Lakeland is a great place for graphs . Everyone I know was getting a ton of stuff signed. Was it your first time out there ?

I got over 40 dozen balls signed 3 years ago in florida by myself. Plus I purchased a couple more dozen . In arizona last year I got 22 dozen .

I would first like to ask Roy, if thats your real name, what you think about sites like:

mvpmarketingmanagement

that guy is selling the same quantity as the sellers you question but without a Global COA and the autographs look very similar to ones you question. I think your comments are off.

James,

If I can weigh in on this. MVP marketing is actually a solid company, I see them everywhere they drive around in cars with the MVP logo on the back windows and have a whole crew of workers with them. They were also the first company to do private and public signings with Alex Rodriguez when he came to the Yankees and I believe had him under an exclusive contract for a while.

I can't agree with you more about going after the wrong people/Items, there are tens of thousands of bad items on ebay with no coa and the sellers cant even explain where the items came from but they still manage to sell them without having them kicked off of ebay.

This hobby is getting tougher and tougher to buy good autographs and at the end of the day no one really knows if what they got is truly real unless they get the item signed in person. We have all seen the mistakes all of the authentication companies have made so if you don't get the item yourself then you really need to do your home work on the items you buy. I sure have made my share of mistakes and learned the hard way.

There is alot of good people on this site that try to do good on here to inform buyers of the bad autographs on the market but at the end of the day does anyone (myself included) really know? I mean no one really has credentials (myself included) to say for sure if an item is good or bad it is at best an educated guess/opinion which is exactly what the authentication companies are offering for an inflated fee. It's ashame that this is where the hobby is but it has been going on for years and will continue to go on with no true end in sight.

If everyone looks back at the history of forgery it goes back many, many years when the club house guys used to sign autographs and that was way before there was a big market for autographs and ebay/auction houses.

Roy you should broaden your horizon to the real fraud and take a look at seller : dscauthentic. I believe this seller who is also new to ebay has been peeling the MLB Holograms off authentic items and placing them on fake items and selling them on eBay, for example: (if you look through eBay you will never see a Trout autograph like this, yet it has a MLB Hologram.Click Link) I have noticed that this seller along with mayes-authentics (who has changed their name 4 times this year) are the only two sellers on eBay who have been selling Mike Trout autographs by the hundreds, some coincidence hunh??? My fellow collectors it is sellers like this who are the real people you need to target.

Hi Roy, James.

I'm contacting you on behalf of DSC and we appreciate the below posts and the overall conversation regarding fraudulence.

As a business we recognize the value of each one of our clients. We work to ensure that anyone who buys from DSC is fully satisfied and has a reason to return. Moreover, as longtime and passionate collectors, we empathize with your frustration around questionable and unauthentic product.

From the merchandise (whether it is a ball, helmet, glove or jersey) to the signature, DSC takes pride in providing our clients with high-quality, fully verifiable authentic collectibles.

Although our eBay store has been in operation for a short while (launched December 2011), our team possesses over 15 years of experience in the sports industry. More importantly, we have not changed our username since our launch and to date; have only made sales under the store’s current name, DSC Sports Collectibles. You’ll have to excuse us for an early store name change. We couldn’t decide how to brand our services until the early part of this year.

With that said, we are not associated with any other sellers and/or stores and do not intend to go this route in the foreseeable future. We want to remain a small operation to maintain our mission and brand focus, not to mention, our value of customer service. 

We were humbled to host Mike’s first public signing back in August, a memorable event that actually surpassed our expectations. We’ve repeatedly thanked Mike, the collectors and the attending MLB authentication staff for being a part of such a successful and fun event. We’ve shared a few photos from the event below. Our only regret here is that we couldn’t meet the overall demand and some eager collectors were unable to attend.

Like some of our other offerings, we recognized the demand for an amazing talent and were fortunate enough to jump in front of it.

Thanks again for sharing your concerns and providing us a platform to address them. We welcome the opportunity to continue this discussion, whether it be via email, over the phone or, if the opportunity presents itself, in person.

Please let us know how we may reach you. If easier, you may also contact us via our eBay profile.

We hope to see you at the next signing.

Image from our Public Autograph Signing showing Mike Trout, DSC Employees, and MLB Authentication working in unison.

If you're interested in more imagery it can be found below at the following link:

https://www.dscauthentic.com/image-gallery.html

In addition, you can read our Press Release below courtesy of Yahoo News.

http://news.yahoo.com/mlb-star-mike-trout-public-autograph-signing-...

-DSC

thanks for the link - and explanation Deluxe Signature Collection as it always good to hear from attendees at Frank & Son shows.   They do host some excellent ones.  Fully verifiable authentic collectibles is a good thing especially in the realm of the whacky world of collectables.

the two sellers dscauthentic and mayes-authentics (mayes-authentics has changed their user id every 30 days for the last 3 months)  are not only selling fake autographs with MLB Holograms on them, they are also selling bootleg jerseys? Tese are knock-off is of this years All-Star Game, pathetic. So not only do these people pay for what they think is a MLB authenticated autograph they are paying for a bootleg jersey. So they take the MLB Hologram off the real autograph, place the MLB Hologram on a fake autograph and then take the real autograph to PSA. You be the judge people, the proof is there. What do you think Roy? Everything from the handwriting to the autograph are off. 

I don't like either of the Trout jerseys. I wouldn't buy the PSA version either. The AS baseball looks like it might be legit to me.

notice on the picture of the ball and the jersey with the MLB Hologram the "K" in KC and compare that to the "K" in KC on the PSA Jersey. These sellers can fool the majority of people but you cant fool me.

U could be right but the sticker comes up;

Hologram number EK323081 was located
AUTOGRAPHED JERSEY.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: MIKE TROUT SIGNING - MLB ALUMNI MARKETING
Session Date: August 11, 2012
Autographer: MIKE TROUT
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

Regarding Authenticators Inc;, Major League Baseball Properties schedules third party authenticators from Authenticators, Inc. for every MLB game. Only those items that an authenticator actually witness being signed and/or used in a game may be eligible for authentication under the MLB Authentication Program.

However, if you suspect there is tampering then MLB would be interested.

Roy you should change the name of this blog to "dscauthentic autograph forgery alert!" Here is another one with just the MLB Hologram: I tracked a group previously who sold team signed NFL helmets and always took pictures in the grass (not common), well all of their sites were banned from eBay for selling fakes, it's funny that dscauthentic is starting to sell similar items to those banned sites and I figure both dscauthentic and mayes-authentics who takes pictures in the grass (not common) are those people, put the pieces together. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service