We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

this ball was handed down to me in my family.

what do you guys think?

Views: 242

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this does not look like the notorious brooklyn dodger batboy signed balls that were prevalent during that time.

I notice there are two hodges, one I think is authentic and the other clubhouse. I believe the keys on here are likely authentic.

Looks legitimate overall but may have some clubhouse signatures. Charlie DiGiovanna, the batboy during this era, often filled in missing players on team balls.

However, the Robinson and Campanella look authentic. Hodges is on there twice and I think both are clubhouse.

It is certainly not one of the entire clubhouse balls which often surface from this era in which DiGiovanna signed every name.

Duke Snider was once quoted as saying, "Charlie could sign my name better than me."

He actually did try to emulate their signatures when signing for them and was pretty good at it.

Although technically forgeries, clubhouse autographs signed in that era are not looked upon with as much disdain as current blatant forgeries.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service