We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

1990's Goodyear sports memorabilia probably pretty valuable - no COA How to?

HI!  New/  Need help.

In a "different life" when I was young, I worked in Goodyear's marketing department (1986-2001).  We obviously put together a lot of sports promotions.  

For Goodyear night at basketball stadiums, we would make t-shirts or posters to pass out.  Through radio promotion deals, we would get a few posters autographed by players for drawings and for exec gifts.

I have one framed Cleveland Cavs Goodyear poster circa 1988-1990 with thumbnails of 12 players including Mark Price and Graig Ello and three large action shots of Larry Nance, Hot Rod Williams and Brad Daugherty.  Those three autographed the poster.  After thirty years, the poster has a small amount of bubbling.

I have two framed Goodyear posters of the Detroit Pistons “Bad Boys” titled “1988 Eastern Conference Champions  It was a very Goodyear and now Detroit Pistons Bad Boys are back”.  There are 12 team members pictured around a 1960's classic car.  All have autographed including Isaiah Thomas, Dennis Rodman, Bill Laimbeer, Vinnie Johnson and I am sure other celeb players.  These were autographed for execs but were not distributed due to mitigating circumstances at the time.

I have one Goodyear racing jacket with autographs of 11 different NASCAR drivers from early 1990s:  Dale Earnhardt, Dale Waltrip, a Bodine brother, Junior Johnson, probably Bill Elliott and more (Sterling Marlin?).  We had a HUGE NASCAR event at world HQ for execs, employees, press, local promotions at store locations (I was involved to handle those).  I have a photo of Dale Earnhardt signing the jacket while I'm wearing it (only time it was worn).

I need all of the saged help I can get.  How to deal with no COA?  How to avoid trip ups, optimize income, minimize commission, go with the best seller?  Who is the best seller?   How to approach all. 

Please help.  Thanks

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know the sigs are real, so you really dont need a COA. Thats just a piece of paper to pay a pretty penny for that will certainly eat into your profits. If I were you, Id start looking through Ebay for similar (sold) items to establish a rough value for them - taking into acct. your personal attachment or lack thereof - and then put em up for sale on Ebay and let the market decide. 

Another tactic would be to put a high starting bid with best offer and slowly bring it down over time based on the offers you receive (or dont) all the way to a price point that works for all.

You can wait as long as you want to sell them. Or not. Selling autographs isnt always easy, it takes patience to find the right buyer if you want max profit. Involving auction houses and “pros” will only slow things down and cost you, with no guarantee of that big payday.

My 2 cents.

Some dude.  Thank you.  

I did check eBay sold.  Problem is there aren't any pieces with so many Nascar signatures.  And prices are all over the board.

Thank you for the advice on auction houses.  Also, I had not thought of running a lowest bid and backing it down on eBay.  That is a good idea.  As you can tell, I am in no hurry to sell so I don't have to firesale and can use your strategy. 

Thank you.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service