We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Did anyone happen to go to the Disney convention, the D23 Expo, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California last month? It was held on August 19-21.  I went on saturday which was soldout and crowded.  Normally, I wouldn't go to an event like this unless it was a comic book convention, a sports or celebrity signing, or a local car show.  D23, fortunately, turned out to be both a celebrity signing event and fan event.  While D23 is mostly a Disney fan event, celebrities were there to sign (for a price) for fans.  My sole reason for going to D23 was to get autographs from actors, Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan, from the movie Tron.  They both were nice and signed by Tron DVD cover.  Check out my album, Tron Movie Actors At D23 Expo, to see photos of Bruce and Cindy.

Tags: 2011, D23, Expo

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops, what I meant to say was that the main reason I went to the D23 Expo was for the Tron movie actors, and not the sole reason for going.  Everyday they had different actors signing, and I couldn't get everybody's autograph because I only went saturday.  Friday, they had Billie Dee Williams (Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi), Doug Jones (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer), and Matthew Wolf (Thor animated movie).  Saturday, they had the Tron and Tron: Legacy movie actors Morgan, Boxleitner, Rob Daly, Jackson Bostwick, and Anis Cheurfa (I didn't see this guy.  Did he show up?  Maybe he was hanging out with Chu.  Ha!  Ha!).  And Sunday, they had the Pirates of the Caribbean movie actors Issac Singleton, Greg Ellis, Treva Etienne, Vince Lozano, and Tyler Tuione.  All these actors signed at the Coolwaters booth.  Only the signatures of Morgan, Boxleitner, and Williams (who I didn't get) were the ones I wanted to get.  The other actors are not well known except to the hard core fans.  It was kind of sad not seeing many people asking for Daly's and Bostwick's autographs.  Those two were just sitting there quietly.  Maybe it is waste of time, money, and gas for lesser known actors to show up for signing events as not many people will ask for their autograph (this isn't WizardWorld you know).  I, like many other autograph collectors, only have so much money to spend on autographs.  And at $20 on average per autograph, you better get the ones you want most.  Speaking of wanting more autographs, you could get more autographs at the Disneyana booth.  The Disneyana booth had voice actors for Goofy, Belle (stage and movie), and Tinkerbell.  Fans could also get celebrity autographs from Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Radio Disney.  I did care for getting autographs from Disney voice actors (which I didn't get), but I didn't care for the Disney kiddie stuff.  Let the kids have the fun meeting the stars from their favorite Disney shows.  I did have a good time overall, and will be going to D23 Expo next year in Anaheim.

And yes, I have heard of the Hollywood show!  It is next month (October) in Burbank, California, and I am thinking of going.  It is a 2 hour drive without traffic, but I just hate to drive through LA to get there.  Fortunately, with Mapquest I can figure out an alternate route to go there without driving through LA.  Plus, the cost for Adam West's, Burt Ward's, and Lee Merriweather's autographs are a bit pricey!  $40 for West (Batman), $30 for Ward, and $20 for Merriweather's (Catwoman).  Meow, indeed.  Plus, West and Ward don't want people taking pictures of them for free with their own cameras; you gotta pay for photo-ops!  At least these celebrities don't charge as much as the most popular athletes (at $40 to $100!  Are you kidding me?)!  I might go, but I also might not go.  Whether I go or not, I will still go to the Long Beach Comic Con.  The LBCC has a few lesser known celebrities, but I know I will enjoy the LBCC (I went last year and liked it) regardless of what celebrities show up.       

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service