We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

ABRAXAS 180 GRAM REISSUE VINYL - HAND SIGNED BY CARLOS SANTANA - Not Cheap!

ABRAXAS 180 GRAM REISSUE VINYL - HAND SIGNED BY CARLOS SANTANA - $500

https://store.santana.com/catalog/product/view/id/43372/s/abraxas-1...

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

very pricey, at least for me.  But thanks for posting

If it was like half this price I think I'd be on it like stink on a pig, but $500 is rich.

It says only one per person LOL

To be fair a signed Santana LP seems to sell on Ebay for around $500, so if that's what people will pay on the secondary market, why shouldn't they?

To be honest, it's not the price for the signed lithographs on the Santana site that bothers me as much as they seem to be open editions(?) I think the lithographs are great looking, would frame beautifully and my understanding Carlos has become a very tough signature IP in recent years - so the price might not be so bad. I think I would grab one if they would be limited in any way (even 5,000!?) Can anyone confirm if they're open or limited? From reading on the Santana site, they appear open editions to me. 

In 2010, I bought a signed day planner from the Santana store on Musictoday for $50. 

They were certainly leaving some money on the table back then, but they aren’t anymore.  This seems fully priced to me, too.

I was never a fan of his, but...he has bad signing in person for decades. So if you want him, this is the way to go (but geez...that's a Jimmy Page or Clapton price, not a Carlos one; I wouldn't go over $200 for his

I was very surprised to see and hear that Mr. Santana turned bad signing. I got very lucky in 1999 - he came to Toronto for a show (this was just months before the "Supernatural" album would be released and blow-up) and he happily and graciously signed an average of 6 pieces each for the few collectors waiting. I also remember just two years later on his next trip back to Toronto and I approached him, "sorry guy, we're not doing that ANYMORE."  

He was good for a long time, then Ebay kind of ruined him.  He was ready to sign my LP once in early 2000's, then his wife said no we gotta go.  Havent gotten him since except his book signing.  You can still get one of those for way under 500.00!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service