We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

This is an autographed cover of Hittin' the note magazine from a 2003 edition.

I would just like some opinions on the authenticity.  It was purchased on Ebay in 2005 and the seller provided a COA.

I will post more pictures when I get time.

Thanks!

Views: 294

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi CM,

In this case, i feel very confident that this item is a forgery. The Allman and Haynes and Trucks signatures are all very bad attempts. The Trucks is just horrible. But every autographs has major problems and is off considerably when compared to authentic examples. The autographs also seem to have all been signed by the same hand. Sorry for the bad news, but i feel very confident this is a forgery.

Hi CM, i wanted to come back to this once i got some time. And provide some authentic examples for you to compare too. This item is a definite forgery in my opinion and i would try and get my money back, if that is an option. Here are a few scans of some of the various signers.

First Derek Trucks: This is his common sig nowadays. And for the most part has always been his signature. I dont know if i have ever seen Trucks sign his last name, and i have a hand written letter by Derek, and his Ts dont look anything like the one above. (if thats supposed to be a T on the end, i guess it could be a bad attempt at a K)

Here is an example of how Warren Haynes has signed for a good while now;

And here is an example of Allman in the same style:

I hope this helps a little

Carl

Hey man this helps me a bunch....I really appreciate your input!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service