We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

ƒAutograph Store, Anthony Nurse, ByTheBay formerly on eBay

Throughout some threads when we had some civility between the force and the dark side of the force as in good discussions and focus as much as one can muster... a good deal of information can be learned by collectors.

Recently, in my Secretarial Thread It appears that a Dick Van Dyke Show with Mary Tyler Moore & Dick Van Dyke based on commentary appears to also not be authentic.  I have advised Autograph Store repeatedly with regards to both and more dissatisfaction.

thus to be made aware is to be advised.

I am sure this is going to be an expensive lesson but I will be posting the acquired inventory early in my quest...for commentary.   The Mary Tyler Moore & Dick Van Dyke above was obtained from Anthony Nurse's BTB and the Charlies Angels AS.

There will be more to come for commentary in the next few days!

Tags: anthony-nurse, autograph-store, bythebay-ebay

Views: 6876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a recent authentic acquisition from R&R.   Somedays you just want to strap on the six gun and come out blazzing!

Well Lot 1 has been dispositioned and contrary to what some thought a refund was provided by AS.  That would be there 2nd one btw, Steve.   While AS will not acknowledge nor confirm/deny the issue of authenticity hopefully they will take them out of the marketplace.  Either way, if they resurface and someone trips over AML I'll leave these items posted for posterity.

Nontheless, those that did take time to chime in on items (and R&R examples) were especially helpful.

I had hoped though that the Items posted would have generated more commentary as I have been led to believe AML is the place with the bevy of advance/experts.  Maybe just not modern entertainment. 

Perhaps Lot 2 will generate more interest.

Since this has been the topic of conversation in a few comments on the threads

just notice that all listings for the autograph store have the following;

The date & location of this item being signed is available upon request

Has anyone asked for an opinion on one -or- is there one that one would like to know the opinion of?

I can tell you that Anthony Nurse and Autograph Store are based in New York.  Each in-person collector and dealer I've ever talked to and asked have all said they have NEVER sold, supplied or seen anyone that sold/supplied items to www.AutographStore.com and their charity program.  What I have also seen commonplace is that their proof images all resemble that of paid professional paparazzi images.  As an example, I have noticed their photos of people signing outside of David Letterman Show are taken from the same angle as the paparazzi.  This doesn't add up.  Collectors and dealers would be behind the gate on one side so if they were there to get autographs they would have proof photos coming from that angle.  What this appears to me is that they pay a professional photography agency for proof images which would indicate the exact date/location and thus they could have this information which they can "provide upon request".  What is also interesting to note is the last time I looked at their proof images, they had 100s of high quality images of items being signed but of all those, NONE of them showed the EXACT item they were getting signed.  If they are a criminal organization as people suspect, they have duped countless charity fundraising organizations and this could end up being a pretty big headline when all these unsuspecting charities find out they have misled their donors.  It appears they haven't run out of U2, Rolling Stones, and Bruce Springsteen signed guitars and this is going on a few years now.  

or just raiding the internet but it would seem the word needs to get out.  I also understand an inquiry was sent in on one of them requesting "signing" information and no response has been received to date.

It is purely evil that charities, presuming there are any involved, might be duped and in turn those buying from the charity as part of charitable donors may be ripped off in the process.

NO RESPONSE was ever received on information regarding - 7+ days ought to be sufficient to wait for

so proceed accordingly!

here is a current McCartney/Starr offering; what do the music opiners think?

In lest than 11 hours - someone is going to own this beauty and currently a mere $76.00

Star Wars Cast Autographed by 3 In Person Picture

Star Wars Cast Autographed by 3 In Person Picture

(USD)

but having reservations I checked in  with our resident Harrison Ford expert my suspicions.   It was confirmed, in his opinion, that it was not authentic and reflective of an "earlier" type autograph czar supplied item.

So what it appears that another buyer will get - is - separated from their $$

I had to take a 2nd look at this one as at first it was just too close to the one returned posted above... Although it does have some incredible similiarities (way too close for comfort) to signatures in the returned one.   Below it is an authentic one from R&R.   Anyone want to comment on the Autograph World offering?

Now I know we must have some collectors of the 3 amigos (and I don't mean frost, morales & koschal!) but rather the original 3 amigos.   Why am I troubled by this offering?

My goodness,  This company just keeps churning them out. 

Usually, they try to sell the currently "hot" names in the entertainment world.  I figure that they will be offering a TON of Avengers items soon :( 

and you too can have this "genuine" 3 beatles signed authentic...  Roger don't hurt yourself, now ;-)

and it has 3 bids upto a whopping $179.00     the insanity of buyers just never seems to cease!

At first this one made me wonder - a "cast" signed by Patrick, DeCarlo and Gwynne from The Munsters!  Only 14 bidders and just topping $69.00.   What's wrong...  Butch does/did quite a few show signings and DeCarlo has appeared over time as well.  But Fred, who hated his role & the show and his signature appearing is just rare...  How rare, I wondered and thus decided to check on some that have been accepted as genuine in the past.

I can't find enough linkage to support as authentic, can you?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service