We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I won the the Tristar Hidden Treasures Babe Ruth Auto Baseball and was wondering how much do you think it is worth and what is the best way to sell it. It comes with a LOA from PSA/DNA

Views: 1787

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I wonder the same thing because the more they have will probably drive down the price. Thanks Ryan for the info.

Thanks William I'm thinking about giving them a call. Appreciate the questions to ask them.

hey Rick! Nice pull from Friendly Box Breaks on this Ruth Ball; Glad to see the pictures of it finally. I think $10K is a good offer on this ball. If it was me, I would just hold on to it and get it graded and appraised and than lock it up for 20-40 years. Its never going to lose value but its something you got for super cheap on a break so I would either take the $10K or hide it.  Nice hit bud

Hey Paul, Thanks for the advice. I wish I had 40 years to lock it up, lol my kids would be fighting over it then. Take care!!

That's awesome! 

There are plenty of Auction houses out there that would want it. I'd call several, and see who will give you the lowest consignment fee and has the best reputation/circulation.  According to REA (Robert Edwards) catalog, their "new rates range from a standard of 10% down to ZERO PERCENT on particularly high value items, depending on the exacty quality value and the investment in time and resources required to most ideally present a given item or collection at auction to the collecting world".  I don't think is considered a high value item, that would probably be over $100,000 or so....10% is low for an auction house.  All that being said, I've never dealt with them as an Auction house so I am not sure how they are....

I've never dealt with an auction house either, but I may have to with this one. Thanks

A ball very similar to yours sold in Goldins auction this weekend (lot 319). It sold for $13,500, including the juice. Yours is very comparable - your ball is slightly better, his autograph was slightly better. 

Thanks David.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service