We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ok. I know there are a lot of experts on this site. The question is do you think is authentic? What do you think the real market value is?

Last time I did a post I'm proud to say 100% of the responses were correct.

Good luck and I look forward to what the smart people think.

Here is the link

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=151168990620

If link doesn't work go to ebay and type in 151168990620
Auction did close. Hint: look at ALL the pictures.

Views: 1361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. What to do. What would you say its worth paying? Forget what he is asking but what would you buy it for?
Based on your comment I'm not going to buy it, I was on the fence. If I did I was thinking $4500

good choice Dave. I wouldn't buy it either.

Thanks. I hope to someday find a Babe Ruth ball that the groups says is authentic and yet affordable. If anyone finds one, please post. Back on the hunt.
Ok. What about this one. http://m.ebay.com/itm/191180935228
Your awesome. Appreciate the info.
Ok. Third time is a charm. This one has got to be authentic? Your thoughts? What would you pay?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/201094932029

Not really enough there on the pictures to make a determination but the fact that JSA and PSA/DNA both deemed it authentic with ball in hand leads credence to the authenticity.

Not worth $5500 in my opinion in this condition even with the LOAs. If I were a collector, I would rather lay out $12K for the Tristar one offered here a month or so ago by the winner of that contest if it is still available.

If $5k was my limit, I would go for a team signed ball with a really nice Ruth on the sweet spot which can easily be found in major auctions at that price level.

Thanks for the reply. Since money is a factor, what do you think its worth?

$4000 or so in my opinion. You can get a really nice bold cut for that but if you must have a single signed Ruth, this is about the quality you can get already authenticated for $5K or less.

About 12 years ago, I too, had to have a Ruth single. I bought one a little weaker than this one at that time for $2K. It did not fullfill my need as it was barely legible with some letters missing. I kept if for a year or so and upgraded a few times over the years so that I eventually purchased a nice one. However, the quick "make a buck" came over me and I sold it in less than a month. Have handled others over the years but never one that nice and I have sold all of them so I currently have none. 

Good luck in the quest. Affordable ones are out there. Best chance to get one is in a large auction where multiple similar  condition Ruth singles are offered at one time. Some always get over looked.

Patience is the key to success.

I appreciate your wisdom, thank you for your time. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service