We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi Members

I have a great opportunity to buy a BTTF Poster signed around 15 years ago, please could you guys have a look at the signatures as I am not 100% cert on them....many thanks for your time and knowledge

Tags: Billy, Christoher, Fox, J, Lea, Lloyd, Michael, Thompson, Zane

Views: 997

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe it's an age thing, but Lloyd really doesn't seem right. Overall, I'd be curious how he got it. Thompson, Lloyd and more recently Fox have done conventions. The other names would be a bit tougher to get.

The Lloyd is why I to am concerned he has a very nice signature, looking at this l am one, it's very confusing, the names on this poster are as follows 

Michael J Fox

Christopher Lloyd

Lea Thompson

Crispin Glover

Claudia Wells

Thomas F Wilson

James Tolkan

Wendie Jo Sperber

Billy Zane

Robert Zemeckis

Steven Spielberg

Thanks for your feedback Rich really do appreciate it

Can you show the Glover? He usually adds an inscription/message, as the only way to get him seems to be to attend one of his film screenings. Wendie Jo died years ago, and I'm thinking she would have been one of the tougher additions. Tom Wilson just started attended conventions having previously opted to avoid signing BTTF items. Zemekis and Speilberg are Hollywood powerhouses. The whole thing just has a lot of questions I'd want answered.

Side note: I found that a Return of the Jedi with a Keith Upchurch COA sold on eBay for under $200. While the image is no longer visible, a poster featuring authentic signatures of the principle cast, including Ford, Hamill, Fisher, Lucas, Oz etc. would most certainly not go for under $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/signed-return-of-the-jedi-poster-27-x-41-/1...

Here is Chrispin Glover, Stephen Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis, by the way this poster isn't going to be cheap....trust me

I think you posted Tom Wilson instead of Crispin. My general sense, even with limited knowledge of the signatures I've seen, is that this isn't right. Curious to see others' input.

like wise....

here is what the poster looks like in full

I can't see Tolkan or Glover at all (the light signature in the upper right, I assume, is supposed to be Claudia Wells. I also see what appears to be Drew Struzan, who inexplicably added '85. 

here is a Crispin Glover

As I noted in our DM, that looks like unusually neat handwriting for Glover, who often includes his middle name and an inscription (i.e. "Thank you for coming to see [whatever film he's screaming]") I think some IP collectors have noted that this is how he's been for a long time.

Rich....many thanks for your help on this matter, being honest with you i don't usually go for modern signed items for exactly this reason these modern day signatures are a nightmare to deal with

In my opinion this Spielberg is not authentic and I agree the Lloyd looks off. This whole poster might just be off.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service