We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I just picked up this Barcelona signed poster.  I studied it for a week before I purchased.  I know there are a ton of soccer facks but this one looked real.  Messi looked good to me and the rest looked like the fell in place.  I am not an expert and wanted to get your guy's opinion on it.  Thanks.  Jonah

Views: 1155

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking for opinions...... Thanks

Hi Jonah,

First off let me warn you I am not too familiar with Barcelona autographs- I collect mostly Italy, AC Milan, and some German players.  

However, I have seen many fake Signed Barcelona jerseys, balls, photos etc in my days.  Honestly, where did you buy this from and what was the story behind the item?  It helps a lot with these types of items.  Usually, we come to assume team signed photos are fake etc but there are some around; just very hard to find.  A great seller that I've known goes down to Milanello and managed to get the team to sign a photo back in '03 missing just Shevchenko.  Thing is, if he wasn't selling it, I wouldnt have trusted anyone else and would've passed on it (the signatures look consistent with authentic ones, but it's still a piece I wouldn't have bought).  

Anyways, the Messi in particular looks different from the ones on Icons, who are licensed FIFA dealers etc and hold signings with him all the time.  Take a look for yourself and you'll see that the bottom line of the "L" in Lionel extends in a straight line and usually doesn't curl outwards (with his current signature, not sure when this piece was signed).  Also, it can be argued that Leo is sitting down etc when he signed for Icons so maybe it makes it neater, but it is pretty consistent in most I've seen.  Most of the Messi's with that dramatic curl are usually on the seemingly endless supply of jerseys "signed" by Barcelona

Also, if that signature to the Bottom right is supposed to be Bojan's, I would deem it a forgery.  All of the Bojan's I have seen (he plays for Milan now so I follow up with his signature from time to time) is like this:

Your piece could be real, but honestly (at least for me), I'd have to hear more about the provenance of the piece and the seller.  These athletes don't sign nearly enough as do other celebrities to have endless knowledge of their signatures.

-Mike

Thanks for the response Mike.  I did pick it up on ebay were every soccer piece is fake.  The one reason I took a risk on this piece is because it came directly from Barcelona Camp Nou.  I attached the proof below.  This guy wrote them and asked for donations and they sent him a few signed photos, that could be secretarial?  Then this came months later from Barcelona.  I liked that it came from Camp Nou and thought maybe it would not be secretarial since there are so many autographs.  I also thought would they send fake autographs out?  That is my point of view, but I could be wrong.  Looking for your thoughts.

I'm afraid this isn't genuine. Barca do send out secs ttm

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service