We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

This piece came with a large collection of Olivia prints and lithographs. Including other authenticated Bettie Page signed gilcee prints. To my best estimation, the signature is not part of the photo itself, so it does look like someone signed it. 

photo P1010282_zps92edfeae.jpg

photo P1010278_zps02adcad3.jpg

photo P1010280_zpsb344867f.jpg

Views: 581

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The signature appears to be signed in felt tip pen like a sharpie. If this is the case, when you turn it in a light source it should appear to be on top of the gloss of the photo and look almost as if it changes color (picking up the light reflection.)

The signature itself does look like Bettie's.

When I shine a LED light source on it, it does appear to slightly change the darkness of the pen mark when I move it around. 

Any light source when shining on a felt tip pen signed photograph should have the ink light up.

Here is a standard black sharpie signature on a matte finish photo...

Now here is the same image with light shining on it...... notice the black ink almost looking red as it lights up.

Sorry these images are a bit blurred I was just snapping shots here with my phone as I watch TV.  

I ran another light over it, and it does appear to have distinctive markings that look like a pen stroke. It changed color slightly when I moved the light and it also appears to have like a "brush stroke" like appearance. Not sure if I am using the right term or not. I also have a book I am attempting to ascertain the authenticity of.

There was a receipt from Playboy, indicating a Bettie Page signed book. The only book I have found in the collection was the following:

photo P1010285_zpsc13757de.jpg

photo P1010284_zps424e5753.jpg

This one is much more difficult to determine, since the pen used appears to be even more of a fine tip then a sharpie.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service