We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi!

Just picked this drumhead up from Ebay seller "sig21" who is extremely reputable, but I still want some opinions on it.

Also, I have been looking for somewhere to frame it online. I went to a local frame shop and they wanted $400 which seemed way over priced to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

Views: 327

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe I'm wrong, but $400 does seem overpriced, unless you were working on some sort of elaborate display.  I can't imagine a shadowbox with museum glass would cost should that much, even from a quality professional framer (i.e. not Michaels or Hobby Lobby).  I'd shop around a bit more.

Okay thank you!

I posted this thread on a phone and attached a photo using my phone so maybe it's just not showing up for you? It's showing up fine for me.

Also I was just about to just say screw it and head to AC Moore but I'll shop a bit more. I don't want a huge elaborate display, just a shadow box with uv protectant glass and a GNR logo at the top. Was nothing on ebay but I will continue on in through the pages of google.

Thanks,

Kevin

Yep, I saw the photo appear a few minutes after my post.  I'm not enough of a GNR enthusiast to comment on the signatures themselves, though the seller's inventory has always struck me as authentic-looking (and he's a rare example of an IP collector I've actually run into and seen collecting).

Do you have any other non-franchise professional framers in town (or in driving distance)?  I would think a drumhead should cost no more than $200 - $250 to frame.

I have one more to check out. It was actually where I had my plaque made for my Eagle Scout Project awhile back, so hopefully he can cut me a deal, although I noticed only picture frames and very few shadow box frames.
Very nice find. If you don't mind how much did that cost you? Just asking because I am trying to hunt down a GnR drum head and I don't really know what I should expect to pay for it.
I paid $400. Pretty good deal in my opinion :).
That does sound like a good price. Thanks for sharing. tw

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service