We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hello out their,

I have been trying to collect the all time guitar greats, and have been really successful so far. Their are the obvious big names that are deceased, and so their is very little chance i can afford to acquire them anytime soon. When looking up most of these guys, even the delta blues kings, i can normally find at least one signature preprinted, or from a museum to look at. Yet i have never come across a picture of a Robert Johnson signature. I just dont know that they exist. I know that only a handful of pictures exist of him, and that his life was cloaked in mystery, but surely someone out their has one. I would personally just like to see what one looked liked. Have any of you out their seen a Robert Johnson sig?

Thanks for reading, and just thought itd be interesting to know just how rare a sig of his would be and what it would bring in auction. For sure it would be an unbelievably rare auto.

Sincerely,

Chris

Views: 2150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to say that I have not ever seen one myself in my 20+ years of dealing in autographs.  

Thats a cool picture, i wonder how much it would be worth if it was signed by Robert. Probably more than the Beatles.

Thanks for posting

Chris

If you would like to see Robert Johnson's signature, check out page 201 of the book called "Chasin' That Devil Music" Searching For The Blues by Gayle Dean Wardlow.  There's a picture of his signature on the 1931 marriage certificate to Callie Craft.  It states in the book that it was the first time Robert Johnson's signature had been published.  It also states that the document shown is public record and cannot be copyrighted, but the signature is a regitered trademark of the Johnson estate.  Also worth noting is that the 1991 documentary "Searching For Robert Johnson" the marriage certificates were filmed (note: Robert was legally married twice).  I have the book and it's well worth the read.  It also has an image of Robert's death certificate which in itself was a long mystery that needed solving.

Very interesting.

Remember this nonsense about Robert John's actual guitar being sold by Moments in Time?

http://www.livebluesworld.com/profiles/blogs/1598513:BlogPost:363

This year we lost the men who probably were the last two living links to Robert Johnson: Pinetop Perkins &David "Honeyboy" Edwards.  Honeyboy was supposedly with Robert Johnson the night he "got sick" in a juke joint.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service