We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I would like to hear any stories from members who have met famous people and felt disappointed after meeting them, etc not giving you a autograph.I have saw gene simmons on you tube telling fans to get out of his way when asking for his autograph, if it was me I would be angry but I have heard he is very arrogant and not a nice man in person.If you have any stories like this I would like to hear them.Thanks.

Views: 3089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pacers vs. Heat playoff game 2 years ago in Indiana. I knew my seats would be near one of my heroes, Larry Bird. I wore my authentic Larry Bird jersey to the game, I was the ONLY person wearing a Bird Celtics jersey in the entire arena.

During a timeout, I approach him and asked "Mr. Bird, will you sign my jersey please?". He looks at me and simply says "No." then looks away. I felt like the smallest person in the world.

I have a Magic signed jersey, would've been perfect next to it... =(

Thanks for your story,that's not the way someone should treat a fan,it would only have taken a few seconds of his time,what a a******.

My thing is, if you are worried about me reselling it, simply put "To Ryan" on it... I would actually prefer it that way anyway.

I dont think he was worried about resale.  he has always been like that.

Seems like sports stars are the most apt to do that these days.  I think the closest I ever got to autograph heartbreak is Favre in the late 90's.  Even then, I wasn't expecting much when he blew us off.

Didn't meet him, but was in a line during a free public signing for Phil Kessel. When we got there, there was already a huge line and we were no more than 10 people away from Kessel but then he had to leave. 

In the mid 90's I was in a restaurant in the booth right next to Cal Ripken and his family.  I waited til after they were done eating and politely asked for an autograph but he said he made a deal with his wife not to sign while they were out as a family.  But, he then turned around and talked to me and my parents for about 10 minutes.  Couldn't have been a nicer guy.  Just didn't get the auto at that time!!

In the time it takes them to explain why they can't sign, they could've just signed!

Also, his wife needs to realize she is married to THE CAL RIPKEN JR and probably wouldn't have half of her crap if she wasn't. A small sacrifice.

Mike schmidt was my favorite player until I asked him to take a photo with him and he said too busy .  I was late going to an autograph show , got a speeding ticket from a nasty female cop by the Newark nj aiport on the turnpike and arrived when he was done signing but was in a back room doing the mail order. They brought me back because I had 5 pre bought autograph tickets. It was just him my wife and two helpers, but he was in no mood. I told him I was from the philly area and my story but he didn't even want to listen. I had to muzzle my wife , she really wanted to blast him. Sometimes its better if you don't meet these people.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but those kinds of stories about Schmidt.

It amazes me how "miserable" they act when they are they ones being paid to be there. It must be such a pain to get paid thousands of dollars to sign your name for 3 hours.

Andre Dawson was not a pleasant meet either, wouldn't even look at/talk to, or acknowledge me.

Such a bizarre contrast to other celebs who sign for free and seem to appreciate their fans.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service