We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Help Required on a Signed Football Shirt (Bought from Its Already Signed 4U)

I was hoping I may get some good advice and point me in the right direction of my wife getting  refund on the present she bought me.

In late March 2012 she went on the Its Already Signed 4U website and purchase a shirt for my birthday which was listed as 2006 Italy National Team Autographed World Cup Soccer Jersey. When I opened the present just last week to my horror it was a 2010 World Cup shirt autographed by the 2006 team (I think). I'm not sure how real the autographs are either but it did come with a COA from Spectrum of Sports so I thought maybe it is real.

Anyway I contact the website and asked if I could have a full refund as the shirt purchased by my wife was the 2006 version but a 2010 one. To cut a long story short a few emails were exchanged and the description on the website was changed. I also questioned the changing of the wording. As this item cost my wife nearly £1000 (including shipping) I was upset at the fact she had spent all this money on a different shirt so we cut a deal where my wife would get refunded on everything apart from 200 USD. Then I came across this website and was pointed in the direction of this forum by a very helpful member and read that there had been some problems with them in regards forgeries. I also came across a very old post to say that Spectrum of Sports were no longer operating and this was from 2009. If that is the case how would they have a COA for a 2010 shirt?

I am due to send this shirt back tomorrow but was hoping that somebody could point me in the right direction in regards maybe getting a full refund on this item and something being done about the company/website. I am now guessing if I send the shirt back it will just mysteriously disappear and we would be left with nothing all for nearly £1000.

Any help or guidance would be great on this matter.

Thanks

Marco

Views: 925

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear about your problem! Did your wife pay by credit card or Paypal?? If she did I would suggest you file an immediate report with the credit card company on your issue and tried to get them to reverse the charges. Make sure that when you ship the item back that it is insure for the value that you paid and make sure that there is a signature delivery confirmation. I hope you get your money back. That is a lot of $$$$. Good luck!!!

i agree with J.seah it's really the only way to go make sure you have proof of delevery and call ur credit card company/ file a paypal report, any reputable dealer offers refunds with no b.s espically if it was an honest mistake this all sound like there very shady to me

The problem is, this is decidedly not a reputable dealer - looks like there are plenty of forgeries sold there.  http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com

Obviously, we have some business ethics violations.  What do you guys think about filing a BBB complaint?  Fortunately, I haven't had to do that in years but remember it being effective.

Many thanks for advice.

Many thanks for advice.

Many thanks for advice.

Yes she did pay by credit card and we will now go down the avenue of contacting the credit card company to get a refund.

Many thanks for your feedback and opinion on my message, its been of great help.

Sorry to hear Marco. I collect mainly calcio autographs, so if you have any questions on some signatures (especially Serie A/Italy post-Paolo Rossi era as I have gotten some in person as a child) or places to go for legitimate signatures let me know. 

For returning, make sure you document everything.  Track shipment, copies of emails (both sent and received), and receipts.  Hopefully you get your money back.  

-Mike.  

So do you have any updates on how the return went?  I am interested in knowing because I recently stumbled upon this It's Already SIgned 4 U website as well.  No, I am not buying anything there, but I'm curious as to whether they really stand by their refund policy.  I saw some women's soccer balls on that website which I think look fake too, just comparing to the legitimate sources.

Hi there,

Yes after a battle we got a full refund but had to do it via the chargeback system which is operated by banks. The person that runs the Already Signed 4U website wouldn't give a full refund and only wanted to give 75% despite having all the evidence that the information posted on the website regarding the shirt was wrong described. As for the websites refund policy I would say they didn't follow through in regards my situation!

We presented around 20 pages of information to the bank in regards the error and this made it easier for them to go into battle. 

If I was to give any advice I wouldn't buy anything from that website!

May I thank everybody from the forum that gave excellent advice. The info given by members gave me the confidence to fight for a full refund. 

I hope I have given you some good information that will help you.

Many Thanks

Marco

Oh wow... thanks so much for not ignoring me.  Sorry for posting on your page too.  I was just very desperate for some information.  But regardless if the jersey being the wrong year, did you ever get a conclusion as to whether the autographs were fake or real?  And what was the guy's explanation as to how Spectrum of Sports could have authenticated a shirt from 2010 if they were out of business in 2009?  I'm still wondering about the Spectrum of Sports thing.  I know there was a post from the "groups" page by a user named Brandon Mysinger that indicated this "company" was likely created by the retailer to make it look like third party authentication, and that this "company" is known to certify forgeries, but how does he know???  I tried to ask him but he didn't reply.  LOL...  So wondering if you ever found out anything about Spectrum of Sports from this experience.  Sorry to bother you! 

The whole COA that they produced was a card and included a hologram sticker which had a number on it, that same number was also a sticker put onto the shirt. The title '2006 Italy Team Signed World Cup Soccer Jersey' was filled in by pen. So basically anybody could get hologram stickers and put one on a shirt and the other on the piece of card and then write any old title they want on it in pen. Also there is a signature on the card which cannot be read and no title underneath to say who authenticated the signatures, to add to that there is no info that could lead you to a website so you could cross-reference the person who verified it and that the item was real. 

Since all this happened I have obtained a signed Juventus photo via a charity evening in which the players turned up and autographed various items as the evening went on. The Gianluigi Buffon signature is very different to the one of the Italy shirt. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service