We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Help Required on a Signed Football Shirt (Bought from Its Already Signed 4U)

I was hoping I may get some good advice and point me in the right direction of my wife getting  refund on the present she bought me.

In late March 2012 she went on the Its Already Signed 4U website and purchase a shirt for my birthday which was listed as 2006 Italy National Team Autographed World Cup Soccer Jersey. When I opened the present just last week to my horror it was a 2010 World Cup shirt autographed by the 2006 team (I think). I'm not sure how real the autographs are either but it did come with a COA from Spectrum of Sports so I thought maybe it is real.

Anyway I contact the website and asked if I could have a full refund as the shirt purchased by my wife was the 2006 version but a 2010 one. To cut a long story short a few emails were exchanged and the description on the website was changed. I also questioned the changing of the wording. As this item cost my wife nearly £1000 (including shipping) I was upset at the fact she had spent all this money on a different shirt so we cut a deal where my wife would get refunded on everything apart from 200 USD. Then I came across this website and was pointed in the direction of this forum by a very helpful member and read that there had been some problems with them in regards forgeries. I also came across a very old post to say that Spectrum of Sports were no longer operating and this was from 2009. If that is the case how would they have a COA for a 2010 shirt?

I am due to send this shirt back tomorrow but was hoping that somebody could point me in the right direction in regards maybe getting a full refund on this item and something being done about the company/website. I am now guessing if I send the shirt back it will just mysteriously disappear and we would be left with nothing all for nearly £1000.

Any help or guidance would be great on this matter.

Thanks

Marco

Views: 925

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh wow... that's an unreliable and unprofessional way to "authenticate" autographs.  You know what?  A few days ago, I called It's Already Signed 4 U after seeing an autograph that looked fake on the website.  I didn't tell the guy which one, but just said I needed to know more about Spectrum of Sports.  The guy said SOS doesn't have a website but they are always on the road travelling and authenticating autographs.  He is aware of that post on this forum we were referring to and his explanation was that anyone can post anything on the web, and that SOS has not shut down and that they never had issues with them in the many years they have operated.  I said I could tell a ball looked fake and he just said he didn't know what qualifications I have to determine that but I could always send in an autograph that I know is real and he would compare.  Like I would waste time doing that and helping him out.  The man sounded nice though, so I ALMOST felt bad for being so blunt but ultimately if he is the owner he has GOT to know the shady stuff being the business.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service