We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Update 11/21 - Does this Axl Rose autograph seem authentic? (Looks good!)

Was about to give up on looking for this, but as soon as I refreshed my eBay search about 10 minutes ago this showed up by a seller called "memorabiliaink"

Check it out:

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171179192793

Photo: Attachment below

Tags: Axl, Rose

Views: 2004

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion, an Axl sig like this is very hard to authenticate. Axl's signatures for the past 6 yrs or so (and even beyond that) can be pretty hard to authenticate. Its almost always a simple "Axl" sig these days, and he often signs in a rush. I see alot of positive traits in this signature though. If i had to guess i would say its genuine. It looks like one of his rushed sloppy signatures, but its hard to authenticate these. But based on the good traits, and that its from autographpros, i would say its good. Autographpros seem to run a top notch company, and i have only seen good items from them. I might wait for a better sig if i was looking for an Axl, but i think its genuine on all probability

Yeah.  I'm not too thrilled about the legibility myself. 

What do you think about this one signed by all of the members of GNR on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/291021366339?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fs...

I've been talking to the guy for a while and he's honest -- he was told this is real, but he's getting a PSA Quick Opinion to see what they say.  Still curious about what members here think about this one.

Also, I found this one as well (Apologies if I am posting too much): 

3)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330787920093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_...

Looks pretty close to some PSA certified ones to me

Hi Scott,

I'm not sure about the full band signed photo. Looks a little "off" to me, but I'd see what PSA says. I'd also pay Roger $15 for a quick opinion before I bought any item. Regarding the Axl solo piece from AutographPros, it's sloppy and very rushed, but I think it's good. I've gotten autographs in person from Axl twice. On both occasions it was very low-key and one on one, so I've been fortunate to get good, full name signatures from him. If I were you, I'd keep looking to find the perfect piece and not one that was this rushed (although authentic). I'll be happy to share a picture of my most recent Axl signature (obtained October 2013) if it would help. Good luck!

Thanks Devon.  Good info.  I am new to this so, who is Roger - a specific authenticator at PSA?  Also, are you willing to part with any Axl autographs or memorabilia or know any person or place who might? (Budget is in the $200 range)

No problem, Scott. Happy to help, and welcome to the often frustrating yet always exciting world of collecting autographs! There are MANY fakes out there, and MANY people who (knowingly & unknowingly) sell forgeries. The Roger I am referring to is Roger Epperson. He is one of, if not THE, most respected authenticators of music autographs in the business. He has an ad on this site, but his website is RogerEpperson.com

I'm not interested in selling any of my Axl signatures, but I will keep my eyes open for one for you. In the meantime, for comparison, here is a picture of the Axl signature I obtained last October on a guitar. I'm hoping to add the rest of the original lineup someday... :). Hope all this helps.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thanks for the tips.  It's harder than I thought to find a legitimate good buy.  Guess it will make it even more worth it when I find something.

Totally envious of that guitar.  The signatures are beautiful.  I guess you had obtained Axl's before Slash -- I heard he doesn't sign any Slash-signed items

Thanks man! I did get Axl before Slash, as I had heard that also and didn't want to take a chance. Keep looking, be patient, and do your homework. If will make the piece you find that much more special. You could also try to get Axl in person the next time GNR tours. He's tough but not impossible. If they go on tour and you want some tips, send me a private message and I'll help you if I can.

Wish I could meet him at concert -- I wouldn't have to worry about it being fake then.  Hey, dude one more thing-- what do you think about the third link I posted?  Looks like a pretty damn good fake if it's a fake.  The inscription to "Tony" makes me more inclined to think it's real, but then again I have never seen a personalized autograph from Axl...

Here's a couple of more recent Axls from one of the top in-person collectors in the UK.

http://www.hollywood-autographs.com/index.php?route=product/search&...

That's a bit more that I'm looking to spend - especially since it's not PSA certified.  Also, would prefer an earlier photo of him or the band or simply on an index card so I could pair it with a chosen photo or poster.  But thanks. Good searching - I had not seen those!

No problem.  For what it's worth, I'd rather buy Jason's non-certified Axl's than a random PSA item.  From what I've seen and heard, PSA does not seem to be quite as good in the music and celeb department as they are in sports.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service