We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a warm and fuzzy feeling about who to go to for autograph verification. I have a couple of questions after my research:

1. Who do you guys recommend for 100% guaranteed authentication on a piece that you know for sure if they have looked at it, that it is real?

2. Why is AAU/Drew Max frowned upon and what facts support this?

3. Is JSA really all they say it is?

Thanks, and I'm sure you guys understand my attempt to get a reassuring feeling about a couple of my pieces.

Brian

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2. In response to "Isn't it obvious?" I would say, to me, no, and that's why I asked. I havent seen any real proof to discredit them like I have seen for other companies. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places? I was just wanting some hard facts is all.

I would also like to add that the autographs in question are pre-1960s actors/actresses. I really need to find somebody who, after they authenticate it, I will never question it again. (if it is deemed real of course) I just can't seem to find anybody through my searching that can provide that to me.

Brian, welcome to aml.  In response to your first question, there isn't one.  There are many better than others depending on the subject.  Just post the pics that you are speaking of to begin with.

As far as the other questions it depends.  There are lots of supporting information throughout the threads with regards to those items.

Thanks for the response! For 1950s actors/actresses, who would you recommend? It seems as though right now, that pretty much all authenticating companies pretty much authenticate everything that goes their way as long as it isnt crazy looking. As far as pics, I am actually in the market at the moment, and that is why I asked. I have seen autographs certified by many companies and none of them are considered the best company with guaranteed real results. The couple autographs that I do have that are in question I will post at a later date. (I need to take some good pictures of them first in order to get better opinions) It almost seems as though this is a hobby that is dangerous and can never be truly trusted or enjoyed due to that lingering possibility of your item being fake??

R&R has a decent track record on that era and more importantly when they error they stand behind the product.

1. There's no perfect answer to this question, the only true answer is that the guy I recommend is you. Each collector has to be completely comfortable with the items they own/purchase. No one but yourself can give you that peace of mind.

2. AAU authenticates a lot of junk is why. The bad sports forgeries are well-documented here but I can't speak to those, I've personally seen a number of items, including an Elvis Presley autograph which was a forgery with an AAU certificate.

3. They're pretty good. We part ways a little bit on some things from the era you're talking about, like a large quantity of suspicious James Stewart autographs that always seem to be authenticated by JSA.

I'm fairly familiar with some actors and actresses from the era you mentioned, if you find something you like and want to post it here, I'd take a look and see if I can help.

Here is one of them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service