We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Is anyone familiar with this organization? The web site is:

http://www.charityfundraisingpackages.com/

I purchased an item at a recent charity auction that came with a Certificate of Authenticity from this group that is "for life". Also, I see that the item I purchased, as well as many of the other items offered for auction, are shown on the web site as items they make available for charities.

One question this raises is just how much the item I purchased is really worth, even if authentic, if there are a large number of them in the market place but that's a question for another day, if and when we decided to sell it.

The bigger issue is whether I should be concerned about whether the item (or any of the items auctioned) are authentic in the first place. I certainly hope so but also would rather know if I have an issue now rather than years from now.

If the answer is "maybe", i.e., examples exist where the items offered are obviously authentic but there have been any cases at all called into question, how likely is it that the item I purchased could be suspect?

Note that I'm not a collector per se - my wife and I have a number of autographs personally collected over the years but each was just an "in the moment" event. This is the first time we've ever purchased an autographed item so what I know of the subject is limited to a few of the articles I've read in the last day or so online, many from this site.

Regards,
Nate 

Views: 1194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

U need to post a clear pic of what you acquired.

& the COA.   they certainly cite some major charities (trust but verify).

What is troubling to me is that they show a series of celebrities "signing for their charity" when the majority of the shots taken seem to be a variety of "public" oriented signings with different people involved.

Can anybody that has dealt with Charity Fundraising Packages or Anthony Nurse PLEASE contact me? Thank you.

Everything from the website, at best, falls into the shady/suspicious category.  All of the U2 autographs are blatantly fake, possibly originating from The Autograph Store (which is, overall, a known outlet for forgeries).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service