We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello folks. I know that the category listed is for the Autographs and I being new to this, I could not find another category to suit so apologies if I am breaking with etiquette here. 

For Eric and Ballroom, I just wanted to follow up on a brief discussion regarding a coin I posted where I stated that the buyer has claimed that it came from the fascination box. I got my wires crossed with another item that I purchased that was actually claimed to have originated from that box. So the coin with regards to the fascination box was a mix up on my part.

in any case I have posted a couple of pics of the item that supposedly came from that box. It is a membership card for the SAG-AFTRA. In terms of provenance, the same seller was selling two hand written poems by JDM. I have also written to SAG-AFTRA in the hope that they might confirm authenticity although I do not know if there are confidentiality clauses they still have to abide by.

I believe the stated address is JDMs lawyer address. 
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22042

As for the coin, it is a curious item. Eric and ballroom, I know you are inclined to believe it as a stretch that it was JDms personal lucky coin as the seller claimed in the auction. Any suggestions for tracking provenance would be appreciated 

Views: 770

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IIRC, there was also an unsigned AFTRA card on ebay a few years back. Not sure if it was yours or a different one. I've also never heard of one in the 127. 

Here are the images I have of this item as it was on ebay in June of 2015 and the seller was asking $500.- for the card at the time. It has the same receipt #.

That is it. Thanks for that. What is your view on that curious coin and how I should research it? Best

As I commented in the thread, I've never heard of the coin, and, nor the card being part of the 127's contents, which were never precisely documented as Ballroom mentioned. Proving authenticity that either came from the 127 would be a task where I wouldn't even know where to begin.

The card is the real deal as checked out but as for its origins, don’t know. The coin is a Scooby Doo. Very curious

Your Ode to LA is special. How long have you had it?

Ps did I spell Scooby correctly? These things matter!

Yes, the card appears authentic but a shame it's not signed by Jim, if it was, it would be worth a "pretty penny" indeed. Thanks! I've owned the Ode to LA for a few years now. It's in excellent condition and a favorite in my collection. Very rare and have only seen a handful of them. You mentioned you have some concert memorabilia in your other thread. Anything interesting?.

A whole array Jack. Concert tickets, programs, posters. Also being a sad life, I have studio receipts, pay check stubs, concert receipts etc.

One very cool item I have which I should scan and post is an open letter from Densmore to Ray and Robbie, signed. It is quite remarkable in its content. 

Did you know that the remaining Doors were in Paris in 1972 on tour and a mere 2 miles away from Pierre Lachaise yet never took the time to visit their passed away frontman? That to me is sad

I'd love to see anything you have. Are any for sale?

No worries, I also have a few studio receipts.

I will post what I have. The pay stubs are cool. 1966 is the first of two sets I have for all 4. 

I am big on their concert posters. I have a few. Recently bought Alain Ronays personal copy of the first edition naked lady poster. It is awesome but so was the price!

As for any for sale.......dude, that fateful day might be closer than I ever hoped as I was furloughed from work last week

Sorry to hear that. I too have been temporarily furloughed as I live in the worst hotspot in the country. Parting with a collection item in any circumstance is never pleasant when you're attached to them. I've sent you a friend request if you'd like to share any other pics. Jack...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service