We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi, Gang,

Do you think this Johnny Cash signed card is authentic?

Thanks,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Starline-JOHNNY-CASH-168-AUTO-Signed-/...Pete

Views: 1588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. No, I don't.

Thanks, Brick. I was tempted to bid. Looked too good to be true.

Pete

Since we're on the subject, what about this one?  Thanks!!

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thank you, I know--I sort of didn't want to advertise that because I was considering it as a gift and just wanted to know if it looked like the real thing.

Neither are authentic in my opinion.

So if someone has passed and it's impossible to get an autograph from them yourself, where do you get one?  I've been all over the internet, and anytime I see something that I think is respectable, I find someone calling it a fake, or denouncing the authentication or the company or the provenance...it's maddening!  One website likes PSA, another website says not to trust them, one person tells me to buy from RR Auctions, another collector says that they've been duped by them...other than paying $750.00 for a reliable Johnny Cash autograph from JohnnyCash.com, who do I trust?

Johnnycashstore.com is the official Johnny Cash website.  It is operated by Bill Miller who was a very good friend of Johnny's Bill sells authentic autographs. They are priced higher, but they are 100% authentic.

I totally understand that, but like I posted above, the prices are a bit out of my comfort zone.  In any case, I appreciate your opinions and suggestions Brandon. 

No problem at all.  If you see something on the open market, just ask here or contact Bill.  There is a lot of good material out there. you just have to wade through the junk.

Okay Brandon...I'm back again!  I'd never hold you personally accountable, but what are your general feelings on this one?  Thanks!

I'm editing this, because I just realized that this seller (HeirloomAutographs) has a zillion other autographs listed for sale, and they all seem "too good to be true.")  I'm almost ready to throw in the towel...good grief.

Attachments: No photo uploads here
Sorry but it isn't authentic in my opinion. Did you look in the Johnny Cash signature study thread? There are several authentic JC autographs shown there. Use that to get a good idea what you are looking for, then when you find one you like, still come back to ask here and make sure :)....I know you will find one. It may not be cheap but you will find one.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service