We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11896180/sources-say-one-aut...

It appears mass authentication has caught up to them. Considering PSA pretty much rejected the items and that other authenticators(not sure on their legitamacy), said it's not possible that all the items werent signed by one hand, it can be assumed they took the money over both what was right, and authenticity.

Any thoughts to this? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but once a story is published by OTL, you are in some deep trouble.

Views: 1739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Neither do I. I'm just hoping it does not affect value. 

Another reason why I prefer my items with no COA... 

JSA looks pretty bad in this article to me. Seems they need to stop rubber stamping crap. These guys have been fooling folks for far to long. Glad they getting the press they deserve.

Bet they authenticated the 1,000+ signatures faster then it took somebody(who knows who it was) to sign them all.

I would agree 100%, however once you cut through all the BS in this article, it offers zero evidence that the signatures are in fact forged. I think it is unfair to say anything negative about JSA until there is evidence they actually did something wrong.

Unless they witnessed the signing, I don't know how anyone could authenticate a thousand signatures of the same person, where there is really no substantial exemplar base to work from.

Apparently they have one based on witnessed signings in the past.

I'd be curious to know how many exemplars they have and how they verified that the signings were witnessed and by whom?

1,000 autographs and everyone of them passed? To funny.

I actually believe this is good for the hobby. not to bring down JSA, PSA or anyone, but to bring to light what actually goes on with these mass authentication projects, and the lack of accountability on the part of the TPA.  yes, they claim you are merely paying for an opinion, but NO ONE is an expert in all autographs, yet these TPA's will authenticate anything that passes their desk.  Perhaps they will use more discretion and try to get better at this, and reject items that they really do not have any basis on which to form an opinion.  wishful thinking.

+1

EBAY full of stuff they have done wrong. Makes no matter if they were right or wrong here. They have been accepting money and hacking off on junk for years. There are just a ton of JSA homers out there in denial.

I'd be curious how long it took them and their 10 panel team(what a laugh) to go through 1,000 autographs. I'm guessing a couple hours at most.

I don't know a single authenticator that hasn't made a mistake.  JSA just processes a much heavier volume than most.  There is some stuff I trust JSA on and others I don't.  Doesn't matter to me much, I never would never buy something based solely on the sticker. This hobby is still much better off with JSA than without them.

I actually just sent off some pieces for authentication to JSA. I have seen a couple of things that bothered me, but I sent them anyway since they were able to slab 8X10 pictures through Beckett and PSA/DNA is not providing those services anymore. 

I will be following this story closely. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service