We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I'm just wondering why a signed book by Kirk Douglas would have two separate signatures in it, on two different front pages.
Both, I'm guessing, we're done at different times owing to the fact they look different and were done in a different pen. I know for a fact that neither is a preprint as the book didn't come this way. However both do look authentic to me. Any thoughts?

Tags: Douglas, Kirk

Views: 241

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bizarre, but both look correct.

I would presume the biro signature was during a book signing and the thicker black signature at a later date.

Hope this helps! Richard.

Thank you SO much Richard! Most of the ones I've seen for this book have only the thicker black signature (on various front pages). Perhaps the original buyer wanted the signature on the title page and not the blank front page where he put it originally, so asked for him to repeat it? But that wouldn't explain the different pen type...unless they requested that too (didn't like the thicker pen)? I think that would be a lot to ask of a 90 year old guy! lol

Of course all purely speculation on my part, but that's all I can think of!

You are very welcome. Kirk was always a great signer at book signings and appearances. Still is, if you can catch him at his rare outings.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service