Hi guys,

I wondered if any United collectors could aid me.

I bought a shirt off a friend, who bought it from an old dealer here in Peterborough over 10 years ago.

Need help sussing a couple of the graphs. Dates all seem to tie in, from his purchase date, the fact the shirt was only used in this one season, and the fact i'm pretty sure it has Jordi Cruyff, who only played 8 league games that season.

I believe there is:

Alex Ferguson

Henning Berg

David Beckham

Paul Scholes

Jordi Cruyff

Roy Keane

Gary Neville

Teddy Sheringham

Andrew Cole

Dwight Yorke

Wes Brown

and 3 others....

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/mark_palmer17/215972_101513...

and help appreciated. Some look a little off but I assume that they were just hand held.

Thanks

Mark

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im sorry but this isnt genuine

I dont particularly collect United but I did not recognize any of those signatures as what they are supposed to look like.  i agree with Mick

not genuine imo sorry

Any reasoning to go with any of these replies?

Having done the research and compared with other examples, and being able to see the differences between the graphs, I'm happy that they are genuine. I agree that they don't look exactly like they do when they sit at a table and sign. I also know that Sir Alex normally does full signatures, but at his last game was only doing Alex.

Was looking for an insight on who the missing names are, whether believed to be counterfeit or not.

Thanks

Sorry I dont mean to be rude but this isnt genuine. 100% absolutely no doubt about it. So names dont really matter.

Its a very common example of the thousands of fakes being sold in bulk on ebay around that time.

None of the sigs are genuine and have all been signed by the same hand with the same pen.

I can probably even tell you the name of the seller who was a well known forger. It was signed4u or something similar

ok fine, regardless it's been bugging me who they're supposed to be.

Same pen doesn't necessarily mean same hand, as it wasn't necessarily collected at different times. I know that I always carry my own pen when getting graphs.

Appreciate the thought, but I still want to find the names. I would expect that all of the names would be recognisable if it was just one for ebay. But I can't work out for the life of me who they're supposed to be.

I didn't ask for authenticity, although I appreciate people are trying to help, and I will take the point on board.

However, I don't think that this is one of them, not like most newbs out of desperation and lack of grip on reality, but having looked closely at the graphs, IMO they're not fake.

No you didnt ask but when I see someone, I believe to be a genuine collector, has been so clearly ripped off I will say something

There is no doubt its fake same pen, same hand, not one single little snag on any sig,  sigs do not compare with known genuine, a perfect Neville and no deds from Beckham, Keane or Neville. I have seen these same players sigs hundreds of times and would stake everything I own on the fact its a worthless fake rag.

Was I right with the sellers name?

Are you Mark Palmer from Market Deeping?

No I'm in Peterborough.

I bought it off someone who's wife I went to primary school with. They got it from Penco between 2000 and 2002.

There is a cert of authenticity from a 'Mel's Memorabilia' in MK I think (No llonger exists), but had the receipt from Penco too. Again, not likely to be worth the paper it's written on but there you go.

Very wary of ebay stuff anyway.

Yes I know of Mels Memorabilia they stopped selling when the fakes on ebay started taking a hit by being taken down and accounts suspended. They tried selling off ebay for while but as their main buyers were other fake sellers on ebay the business was no longer there as the accounts were just getting suspended.

I would be very surprised, and in fact dont believe, this came from Penco. It would also have a Penco COA

This is a typical very common fake from that period. They were sold in huge quantities and glaringly stand out as so. On the ACAF(Autograph Collectors Against Fakes) website  these are well known

ok. Not sure whether it was a COA or not from Penco, but definitely had a cream Penco thick card 'receipt' which stated signed Manchester United shirt.

I know and trust the guy that I bought it from, but if it's fake, then it's definitely been sold on through Penco.

Any way, being someone who's seen alot of these, it's the bottom 2 in the centre and the one above Gary Neville in the bottom right that I'm struggling with. Fake or not, I want to know just so I can stop thinking about the stupid fecking thing!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service