We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Here are three photos that my husband bought an auction recently.  There have been differing opinions, but I'm inclined to just take them back and wash my hands of it.  To get a refund from the auction house, I have to provide a document on letterhead stating they are not likely authentic.  Any recommendations for someone who could provide a quick opinion service for a low cost or gratis so I can rid myself of this potential headache?  Thanks in advance.

Tags: dimaggio, joe, mantle, mickey, ted, williams

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All ugly forgeries

Looks like junk from Autographed Legends

Guarantee it came with COAs from either: GAI, MFP, STAT, Autographed Legends LLC, YMC Sports, Copied Scoreboard, MFP Reborn, etc.

Well, I appreciate you all stating the obvious.  The question, however, was who could provide a letter on letterhead attesting with some authority to the fact that they are not authentic?

Did any come with Scoreboard COA? If so, Ken Goldman is a member here and could probably get you a letter.

I have a feeling no matter what letter you bring them, they are going to deny it. 

I think they were MFP/MFP Reborn/Autographed Legends - Tony Podsada signatures on at least 1 or 2. 

Just an update - I called TJ Kaye at TJs Memorabilia in Boca Raton.  He's a PSA consulting authenticator and a Mantle expert.  He confirmed what I already knew and wrote a letter that I presented to the auction company.  With the documentation and a little extra prodding, they wrote me a check which I immediately took to their bank and cashed.  I also placed a quick call to the FBI to get Autograph Legends back on their radar.  The auction company says that they do $300-$400 a week in business with them which means they are still quite active in the forgery business.  FBI said that anytime you run across a fake, file a complaint at www.ic3.org, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and with your State Attorney General.  They don't know that there are victims until a report gets filed and it takes more than 1 to get their attention.

Glad you got your money back. You are one of the fortunate few that do.

Why not post the name of the auction selling these so others can learn from it?

all no good imo

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service