We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A local church is having a charity auction this weekend. The big item up for grabs is a guitar signed Paul McCartney. After reading the thread about bad items ending up in charity auctions and knowing zero about Beatle related items, I humbly ask for opinions on this one.

If questionable, I'll email the church to find out who supplied the items and the COAs. Other items for auction are a Sly Stallone signed boxing glove, and signed photos of John Glen, Mickey Mantle, and Charlton Heston. 

Thank you!

Views: 4687

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just would like to point out at this point a regular company not up to something would have considered coming here and proving everyone wrong. Charitygrow has not. Continue on 

amen.

Dear Brian,  first of all I'm not a professional expert or graphologist so my opinion can not be taken as final.

Anyway, lets get started: I was using two books, Advanced Autograph Collecting by M.A. Baker and The Guiness Book of World Autographs of R. Rawlins. I have made and attached a scan of the 100% genuine McCartney signature (see attachment). In my opinion there is a general reseblance however, many strokes and details are different (see it by yourself). Also I've conducted experiment and asked a few people (without telling them what this is about) if they think it is the same person who signed guitar and scan, all of'em said this is a two different peoples signatures.But remember: I'm not a graphologist! So, lets leave a benefit of doubt and assume this is a real signature on the guitar because handwriting can change throught the age, career, physical conditions and many other factors. Ask dealer and INSIST to provide with a provinance, paticulary date and place where this autograph has been obtained. Compare his story with actual events, for instance dealer says it was signed in UK, November2014. Check Sir McCartney's whereabouts, maybe he was on tour in Japan at this time? If you catch a dealer on lie - stay away from him. If there is any doubts - ther is no doubts. At the end: use your "gut feeling"...

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Hi! If you have the time & energy and enjoy the ride, check out the whole 9 page thread. The saga reached a conclusion when the church decided to pull the items from the auction. The short version is that no one on the forum thought the signature was legit. Once the dealer's name (and former name) was mentioned, I think that sealed the deal on the public consensus. Luckily, the experts personally stepped in and were able to convince the church of what we all suspected. As far as I know the dealer never properly defended themselves other than a "we stand by our items" type-statement. They could've and should've, but didn't. Which I think says something.

That's cool, hope they got their money back. By the way, they can get a real items from markus@brandesautographs, tell Markus the story and I'm positive he'll give a pretty decent dicount. Best of luck, Dmitri.

Just giving this thread a little bump for promotional purposes - hope no one minds.

The church auction is TONIGHT 6pm-9pm in Bethel, CT (Farifield County/about 10 mins from the Danbury Fair Mall). I'll be there to show my support. I hope anyone in the area can swing by for a bit and say hi. See you there, hopefully.

Including the link to the Inside Edition video segment for posterity...

http://www.insideedition.com/videos/3420-watch-real-or-fake-rock-an...

I hope there is a special spot in hell for these people. Great job!

Did Tammy Wynette come back from the dead to sign the guitar? Brilliant line and good piece. How Charity Grow and it's founders are not in jail is crazy

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service