We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I should have posted this long ago. I bought in 2002, paid $450. Got it from Park West Galleries, yes on a cruise ship. I've been talking to PW for about two months about replacing or giving me my money back. I am very surprised they have spent this long talking to me, even though we go for weeks without contact, and I know I will get nothing. I just want to see how it ends. I would like to shed a little light on Park West. In my mind they are a big ARA. They are an art dealer but do sell memorabilia. In my research I have found Fine Art Registry. They are single handedly taking on PW and give people a place to turn after realizing they have been burned. I have talked to them many times. She is the Steve Cyrkin of the art world. I would love comments about the Ali piece, I'm not trying to cross the line over to art, but if anyone is interested, give a little attention to Fine Art Registry. She is fighting a good fight over there.

Views: 5104

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

barry, tis why they should stick to art but seems even there with certain pieces they are runnin aground.

Ok. Big news for me. I just got off the phone with the President of Park West. He asked if I would like a refund of $500 or a "legit" Ali, one with a picture if him signing. (I guess he heard ill take anything as long as I have a picture of the signing.) I said ill take a legit Ali, as long as I get an email picture of the one I'm getting, and can opt out and get the refund if I don't like. He said ok, he's going to have a sales rep contact me tomorrow.

Damn Barry... don't let these scum bags get away with this...damn I hate to here that happening to a good guy in the collecting community 

Thanks Chris. I had a message when I got home today. They are sending me some signed pictures to look at. A catalog I suppose. We'll see.

Barry, so what events have transpired with ParkWest and the Ali.

Funny you brought it up. They just sent this for me to look at.

http://www.onlineauthentics.com/oa/InternalItemView.asp?item=OA-820...
thanks for asking DB.

Muhammad Ali Enterprises has partnered with OnlineAuthentics to ensure verification of memorabilia signed by Muhammad Ali.

Each item signed by The Champ is witnessed and recorded by a trained verification expert from Online Authentics. All registered items then have a unique number assigned which corresponds to the number on a unique Certificate of Authenticity paired with each signed item. The COA and its registration number allow collectors to verify their items by simply entering the registration number into the Online Authentics website. Each item has been personally signed by Ali and is not an autopen signature.

This does look good DB. I noticed all of Steiners Ali's have OA stickers also. The down side is I understand that OA will register pretty much anything on their site, real or not. Being able to pull it up and look at it may make you think something is real when it may not be?

Glad to see it might work out this time.  Can't trust anyone.  Where did the intel come from on OA?

I say congrats. This item is a wonderful upgrade from what you had.  Did you recieve it?

No Chad I didn't. I negotiated for around six months for my $500 refund or exchange. I chose the refund over the exchange. Now this may be 100% authentic, but this company just so shady. I went the safe way. BUT they sent me a letter of confidentiality that would blow your mind. I would have to sign for refund or exchange. So even I can figure out their scheme. Pay people like me back and sign a letter to shut us up. Keep the past from coming back to bite them. Now I'm not selling out for $500 but I totally understand the people who get back big money. If by reading this I could help someone from getting burned, that would be worth it for me. Not signing away my right to free speech. What would this site be without that?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service